Blackberry or Tilt

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mami78
Blackberry or Tilt

I currently have the blackberry pearl but was considering getting the Tilt. Is the Tilt a good phone or should I stay with my blackberry?

Peter Redmer
Well, it really depends on

Well, it really depends on what you want your new cellphone to do.  Do you like the Blackberry interface and find that it's useful for you?  If you don't want to change, then perhaps you should stay with the Blackberry.

The Tilt also has GPS with the TeleNav system.  The Tilt uses Windows Mobile, and will function a lot differently than your Blackberry.

I personally have never owned a Blackberry, but as far as I am aware, it is very compatible with MS Office/Outlook.  

I have owned a Windows Mobile device, and I can say that Windows Mobile devices have a wealth of 3rd party apps and connectivity with Office.  It can easily view Office documents and attachments, which is a nice feature.  If interoperability with Office/Outlook is important to you, then the Tilt may be a good choice.  One of my good friends owns the former version of that phone, and loves it.

If you choose to stay with the Blackberry, you could upgrade to the 8130.  The 8130 has GPS and EV-DO, which is pretty sweet in my opinion.

But it all comes down to whether you like the interface, and what kind of interoperability you need. 

mami78
Thanks for the response.  The

Thanks for the response.  The information was helpful and gave me a lot to think about as far as what features I really need.

http://www.bttester.com

Matt Whitlock
I'll also say that interface

I'll also say that interface has a lot to do with it. The pearl is driven by buttons and the wheel in the center. The Tilt is a touchscreen device, so the way you interact with it will be entirely different than with a button driven device.

As an 8525 owner (the model prior to the Tilt), I can say that operating the phone is (for the most part) a two handed operation, which doesn't make it easy to place a call while you drive. I've gotten mine tweaked enough that I can pull up contact and use the scroll wheel to manage calling functions with one hand, but it's always easier to use two.

Have you played with both of them? Which were you drawn to more? 

Connect With Techlore