need instructions for mitsubishi blinking light repair

591 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Nate, if you had an e-mail

Nate, if you had an e-mail address attached I would have sent you some documents. If you still want them, let me know. Good Luck

natehunts
That would be greatly

That would be greatly appreciated.  My address is [email protected]  Thanks again, Nate

Seahawk13902
Larry,

Larry,

I was told I could get instructions on how to fix the flashing green light on my Mitsi WS65613 projection tv from you. Power went off for 3 hrs and when it came on the light was flashing and it won't stop or let the set turn on..... Seahawk        my E-mail is  [email protected]

Disgusted dave
Hi could you send me a copy

Hi could you send me a copy of instructions on how to repair the blinking green light problem.

Is the dm board affixed to the main board?? any ideas of where its located???

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Seahawlk, I will be sending

Seahawlk, I will be sending you out the repair documents a little later this morning. Good Luck with the repair.

Larry Dillon
Dave and Nate, what is the

Dave and Nate, what is the model number of Mitsubishi TV set you have man? There are three different types of fixes for these TV sets with this problem. Please provide the model number if you still need assistance.

keithptc
Thanks Larry...

Thanks Larry...

I ordered the parts and fixed my 52" Mitsubishi in time for the Super Bowl...never looked better.  I did take a different route when it came time to replace the caps...I cant see up close as well as I used to (maybe from too much big screen TV viewing), so I took the DM board to a local computer repair shop where, for a very small charge, I had the capacitors replaced. 

I am not usually good at this repair stuff, so I was pleasantly surprised when the dreaded green light stopped blinking!  I also took your advise and installed a fan to hopefully prevent the problem in the future. 

Many thanks!

KeithPTC 

Larry Dillon
Very Good News Keith! Glad

Very Good News Keith! Glad you had someone who knows how to solder and who did the job well for you. Feels good dosen't it?

natehunts
Larry, my tv is Mistu model

Larry, my tv is Mistu model WS-55859, and my email is [email protected]

THanks, Nate

Larry Dillon
I just sent out the repair

I just sent out the repair documents to you Nate. Good Luck with the repair.

Beverly Reeder
I had requested any

I had requested any information about repairing a green blinking light on my Mitsubishi Model WSD65713, 65" TV.  Any one have any information I can use to repair this irritating blinking green Light.  Please Email if you have any information - Please Help- [email protected]--- thank you very much in advance

Larry Dillon
I thought I did send it. Me

I thought I did send it. Me bad! LOL I will get that info right out to you. Good Luck with the repair.

Disgusted dave
Larry it is a ws65511, I read

Larry it is a ws65511, I read the other posts through out this fourm and decided that replacing

the 7 caps on the dm board was not only easy but cheap, turned the tv on and worked perfect.

Do you have a repair manuel to help trouble shoot different problems with this tv...Also I am working on inlaws samsung 55" where there screen shows red most of time. any suggestions..

thanks...

Sam Pierce
Could someone send me the

Could someone send me the instruction to repair the blinking green light

on Mitsubishi WS-55513.

Thanks  Sam

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Sam, I just sent you out the

Sam, I just sent you out the repair package for your TV set. Good Luck

jessie1071
I am having the blinking

I am having the blinking green light problem with my 55inch mitubishi ws 55613. It wont turn on at all. If you have the repair instructions could you email them to me at [email protected]. Thank you so much!

Jessie 

Larry Dillon
Jessie, if you have the green

Jessie, if you have the green blinking light problem, Where the blinking green light does not stop flashing after you unplug the TV set and plugging it back in. We have a fix for you! I will be sending it your way shortly. Good luck!

Larry Dillon
Your Welcome. Let us know how

Your Welcome. Let us know how it goes man!

Memo
Larry Dillon said: Where

Larry Dillon said: Where would you like me to send them too!? You will need to leave an e-mail address for me to send those documents out to you.

HELLO, LARRY!

CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX A GREEN LIGHT FLASHING PROBLEM. ON MY MITSUBISHI VS-5052. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

[email protected]

DRLANE
I had a similar problem with

I had a similar problem with my Mitsubishi WS-65513.  I replaced the four capacitors and the television powers on but I have one cable that I don't know where it plugs in?  The cable is labeled VB.  Does someone have a service manual or advice about where to attach the cable.  I'm fairly confident that the wire has something to do with convergence since my blue convergence isn't functioning with the remote--red works great but blue will not align.

Please send instructions/photograph/service manual to [email protected]

Thanks! 

Larry Dillon
Drlane, Simple fix. Look at

Drlane, Simple fix. Look at the where the wire comes from. It will come from one of the coils on one of the picture tubes. Follow the exact same wire down to the printed circuit board from one of the other picture tubes and you will see an open connector there.

skrynen
Hi Larry,  It sounds like I

Hi Larry,  It sounds like I may be having similar "green blinking light" problems.  I turned on the tv the other day and it turned off right away followed by the blinking light.  I can turn the TV back on but all of my devices have been ereased. If I try to reload my DVD, and HD receiver the TV turns off followed by the blinking light. Can you please help me out?  The model is WS-48515.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve  ([email protected])

Lomita, CA

DRLANE
Larry Dillon said: Drlane,

Larry Dillon said: Drlane, Simple fix. Look at the where the wire comes from. It will come from one of the coils on one of the picture tubes. Follow the exact same wire down to the printed circuit board from one of the other picture tubes and you will see an open connector there.

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the prompt response.  Unfortunately the wire is attached to the board--I don't know where it attaches to the coil?

Thanks.

-Derek 

Larry Dillon
DRlane, what board is this

DRlane, what board is this attached to and what is the model of the set. I was wrong about the coil I think.

Larry Dillon
Steve, I'm afraid your TV set

Steve, I'm afraid your TV set does not have the same type of DM board. It is the board on the left side of the chassis. The chassis type is the V25. You might want to contact ptscorp.com get their telephone number and see if they rebuild those type of boards and for how much. Good Luck and please let us know how you made out with this repair.

DRLANE
Larry Dillon said: Drlane,

Larry Dillon said: Drlane, Simple fix. Look at the where the wire comes from. It will come from one of the coils on one of the picture tubes. Follow the exact same wire down to the printed circuit board from one of the other picture tubes and you will see an open connector there.

Larry, 

I traced the wires to the red and greeen optics and learned where the blue VB plug was located.  I connected the cable and the convergence problem was fixed.

Unfortunately, the TV (WS-65513) provides only a black screen with faint horizontal purple lines and a high pitched whine can be heard through the television audio.

Replacing the four capacitors brought back the green and red optics but now I need to fix the problem with no signal.  I've tried component video, direct from cable, direct from DVD, but with no success.

Any thoughts about probable solutions?

Thanks in advance.

-Derek 

Larry Dillon
It sounds like something is

It sounds like something is not plugged in all the way. I have seen this a dozen times if not more. Did you make sure the DM was plugged all the way into the main board? The best way to tell is to take out the DM, take off the shielding around the DM. Plug in the DM and make sure all of the connectors mate properly, then install the shielding back onto the DM. Also, look and feel around for all connectors, as one might look like it is seated all the way down, but could be pulled up just a bit. Your set originally only had the blinking green light correct?

DRLANE
Larry Dillon said: It sounds

Larry Dillon said: It sounds like something is not plugged in all the way. I have seen this a dozen times if not more. Did you make sure the DM was plugged all the way into the main board? The best way to tell is to take out the DM, take off the shielding around the DM. Plug in the DM and make sure all of the connectors mate properly, then install the shielding back onto the DM. Also, look and feel around for all connectors, as one might look like it is seated all the way down, but could be pulled up just a bit. Your set originally only had the blinking green light correct?

Hi Larry,

Initially the set was working fine.  Then, intermitently, the television would just go black with the purple lines.  I could turn off the television, wait about 10 seconds, and turn it back on and everything would be fine.  The problem started becoming more severe (happening more frequently).  The diagnostics blinks 12 (no error). But something was wrong.  When I opened  the back of the television I noticed that the red and green optics were not working.  I read many of the forum posts regarding the Mitsubishi WS-65513 and the capacitors seemed to be a likely culprit. 

I replaced the capacitors with new high temp versions (1000uf /16v) and all three of the optics are working again.  

I did check all connections to ensure that every cable was securely in place and all cards are seated properly.

Next steps? 

Larry Dillon
I guess the next step would

I guess the next step would be to look at the capacitors in the power supply and see if any are bulging at the tops. Next step would be to look at the voltages in the switched power supply and see if you are missing any.

molar
Larry

Larry

Would you please send me the directions to remedy my green blinking ws-55859?  Thank you very much!

[email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore