vcr sound, but no picture

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
mmhoss13
vcr sound, but no picture

My friends vcr pooped out on her last week, or so we thought. It rewinds, forwards, etc. Plays, but no picture...just sound. All you get is a blue screen. Thought it was bad so we got one from somebody else which I tried on my tv before trying it on hers. Basically it's just being used to watch tv programs that I have taped for her. She'd get through one episode and then it would go to the blank screen again. She'd stop it, take the tape out, put it back in, then play and it'd be fine again. Any idea what would cause this??? (Aside from her apartment being posessed) Please help. I don't know model info, but can find it out if need be.

dans_repair_service
Please post the make and

Please post the make and model number.  There are too many different transports for me to give you any direction.  Many simple problems can result in this type of behavior.  It could be anything from dirty heads to a tape tension problem.  I'll try to provide more info once the make and model are posted.

Dan

klambert
there's 2 different vcr's.

there's 2 different vcr's. the one that had absolutely no picture was a zenith vr4237hf. the one that worked for about an hour then quit and had to be shut off and back on to work again is a sony slv-679hf

Connect With Techlore