Samsung 42" projection TV

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rufus Dockins
Samsung 42" projection TV

After reading the posts I think I have convergence problems. There is a semi-circle at top of screen bowing downward and the same at bottom of screen that bows upward. All objects on screen have shadows. Perfect Picture function shuts down after 0 progress. Only the cursor moves in manual convergence mode. Sound is good, tv has 3 years of service on. What convergence board would I need and what adjustment might be needed after board replacement?? The exact information from manufactors sticker on back of tv is below. I would really appreciate any help. THANKS!!

RD                             TYPE NO: P55A CM 42W8         Model NO./Modele NO:HCN4226W 

CM42W8                                     SVC Model:HCN 4226WX/XAA

Serial NO: 39ZX351475R         

Larry Dillon
Samsung does not have the

Samsung does not have the complete convergence board available any longer. You will need to replace or have the convergence amp IC's replaced. They are the STK-392-040 iC's. You can get these from a local parts distributor, but they will most likely be the counterfit or whats called aftermarket type IC's and all IC's are not alike. I recommend you go to the Samsung parts site Here

Enter your model number and order the stk IC's that they have there, if and only if, you have the know how of working on solid state printed circuit boards. If you use after market or inexpensive replacement IC's, you will most likely be in the same boat, with bad IC's, several months down the road. You could open the set, get the number of the convergence board, and contact a place called ptscorp.com, get the phone number, and call them to see what they charge to overhaul the convergence amp board. You will also, after you replace or repair the convergence amp board, need to follow the service manual to reprogram the magic focus feature of the TV set. If you do not get the service manual, or do not understand how to perform these alighnments as described in the service manual, you will need to call out an authorized Samsung service center to do these alighnments for you.  You will need special jigs and tools to perform these alighnment properly. If you have no solid state repair experience, play it safe and call out a trained tech to assist you in the repair and alighnment of this TV set. Good Luck and keep us informed on how this repair goes.

Rufus Dockins
Larry Dillon said: Samsung

Larry Dillon said: Samsung does not have the complete convergence board available any longer. You will need to replace or have the convergence amp IC's replaced. They are the STK-392-040 iC's. You can get these from a local parts distributor, but they will most likely be the counterfit or whats called aftermarket type IC's and all IC's are not alike. I recommend you go to the Samsung parts site Here Enter your model number and order the stk IC's that they have there, if and only if, you have the know how of working on solid state printed circuit boards. If you use after market or inexpensive replacement IC's, you will most likely be in the same boat, with bad IC's, several months down the road. You could open the set, get the number of the convergence board, and contact a place called ptscorp.com, get the phone number, and call them to see what they charge to overhaul the convergence amp board. You will also, after you replace or repair the convergence amp board, need to follow the service manual to reprogram the magic focus feature of the TV set. If you do not get the service manual, or do not understand how to perform these alighnments as described in the service manual, you will need to call out an authorized Samsung service center to do these alighnments for you.  You will need special jigs and tools to perform these alighnment properly. If you have no solid state repair experience, play it safe and call out a trained tech to assist you in the repair and alighnment of this TV set. Good Luck and keep us informed on how this repair goes.

Rufus Dockins
Larry..Thanks a lot for your

Larry..Thanks a lot for your advise.  I am trying to get as much information as possible in order to decide what way to go with this. What model should I get a service manual for?

Larry Dillon
You can get a manual from

You can get a manual from HERE

Rufus Dockins
Larry Dillon said: You can

Larry Dillon said: You can get a manual from HERE

Larry....I really appreciate all your help plus being able to get this kind of advise from a very experienced and knowledgeable person is priceless. I'll let you know how everything comes out. Thanks again and have a very good day.

Rufus

Larry Dillon
Thanks! 

Thanks!  Embarassed

Rufus Dockins
Larry Dillon said: Thanks! 

Larry Dillon said: Thanks!  Embarassed

Hi Larry...I have good news to report!! I did open up my set as per your advise to get the exact board number but decided to remove it instead. I was able to find a replacement convergence board at PartStore.com. All numbers matched even down to manufactory codes lettering on stks. Installation and complete closing of set took about 20 minutes. After some manuel convergence adjustments and it works like new. I would like to again thank you for all your help. Take Care...Rufus

Larry Dillon
Oh very cool!   It feels good

Oh very cool! Cool  It feels good to put at least 300 to 400 into your pocket instead of someone else. maybe mine!  LOL  Please pass along this site to all of your friends and neighbors, and not just for the technical assistance, but for the rest of the material.

silverblood
Hi, I seem to have the same

Hi, I seem to have the same peoblem with my TV, I did found the convergence board, but got a question. Did you had to use the service manual for the adjustment? And where did you found the manual?

Thanks

Larry Dillon
Yes you should invest in the

Yes you should invest in the service manual, as these are electronic adjustments, and not mechanical type of adjustment using a control. These convergence alignments, have to be done with the service menu, and to do any type of service menu alignments or adjustments, one should have the service manual.  If the set is the same model number, you can find the down loadable type of manual HERE.  If indeed you do get the service manual, and it is a great idea you do, please let me know, as I would like a copy to share with others in the future, as if someone in the past would have shared with me this service manual, I would be sending it to you as we speak.  Good Luck with the repair of this TV set, and once you do get the set working, please let us know how everything turns out.

silverblood
I will let you know how did

I will let you know how did it go, I'm ordering the board today and also the service manual. tell me where can I email you a copy of the service manual and I will do it.

Larry Dillon
send the manual to techman32k

send the manual to [email protected], And Thabks

Woo_10
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I was wondering if you received a copy of the service manual. If so, can you please share?

Thanks

Larry Dillon
hey wieinhymer, there are a

hey wieinhymer, there are a lot of samsung 42" TV sets, WHAT is the model number?

champp
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
hey wieinhymer, there are a lot of samsung 42" TV sets, WHAT is the model number?

Larry,

I just read all of the postings on this site and I am having the same problem with my samsung 42" hdtv model number HCN 4226wx/xaa.   There is two black bows one on top and on on bottom... when the tv is on it has a shadow on all of the objects. So i think that it is the same problem that Rufus was having with his. I was wondering if you have a copy of that service manual for this specific tv. And if so could you shoot me an email at [email protected] with it. And maybe any other information you might have on replacing the convergence board. 

Thanks Larry, really appreciate all of the information you share... 

Rufus Dockins
Anyone got a service manual

Anyone got a service manual for a 42" Samsung Projector model 4226wx/xaa??
If you have such, can you email it to [email protected] YOU SO MUCH.

Rufus

ease47
found a free download of the

found a free download of the service manual here

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=31558

its in 7 parts so get them all (theres links on the page)

im still sorting out my own convergence issue so wish me luck. (zero experience but lots of confidence)
[email protected]

Connect With Techlore