Again the Hitachi 55UX55B

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
chsarrow72
Again the Hitachi 55UX55B

I have posted about this tv several times.  Larry the Moderator told me different things about IC convergence He has come out 3 times and replaced them.  They work for a little while and it goes back to doing the same thing with the red line on the right side of the tv.  He says he  needs to replace some board.  We say fine.  He says he can't find it anywhere..He is always told he can order, does and they say it is on backorder.

Is he just talking or could this be possible.  We purchased it in 1998.  Can parts not be gotten for this anymore?  I just want to find out.  I would love to fix this tv if possible because I like the "squarer" screen compared to what is on the market now.

HELP!!Yell

Larry Dillon
You have to be sure that the

You have to be sure that the IC's that are purchaced are not the typical parts house inexpensive replace ment knockoff IC's, or this is exactly what happens.  Also, the tech, after the second time, should have taken the time to measure the B+ as well as the B- power supplies that feed these IC's for excessive noise or hum in the power source. I, myself, have found this problem a few times when I have had repeated falure of these convergence amp IC's.  Also, not only using the cheap parts will make tese power IC's fail, the lack of using heat sink compound on the heatsink or on the backs of the new ICs, to help tramsfer the heat from the IC's to the Heatsink.  I am sure, if you have called an Authorized Hitachi repair center, you would not by any means, having any of these problems.  If they are an authorized Hitachi repair center, I would contact Hitachi and complain about the poor service you have been receiving from their recommended repair shop.  They will take care of the situation, and make sure the shop is onlt using authorized replacement parts!  Well I hope you now call out an authorized repair center that uses only quality parts and not any 12 dollor knockoff IC's.  Good luck and let us know how you make out with the repair of this repair. 

Connect With Techlore