Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
navychap
Larry,

Larry,
I am getting the blinking green light. Could you please send me the information needed to make the repaor at [email protected]
Model is WD-62528

Thanks,
Jose

BDuBois

Larry Dillon said:
The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to
tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model
of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different
sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original
Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full
pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico
fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a
problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the
next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!

Hello Larry,

I checked out tvrepairkits.com and they didn't have the WD-62825 model listed.  Perhaps you can send me the instruction kits that everyone keeps asking for. Any additional help and advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad DuBois

Larry Dillon
sorry no it seems you are now

sorry no it seems you are now posting a different model number before asking for help please know what you need please.on the new model you are listing you will need to contact MItsubishi for repair instructions as they are getting ready to defend themselfs in a class action suite!!!!
Larry Dillon

Larry Dillon
sorry no it seems you are now

sorry no it seems you are now posting a different model number before asking for help please know what you need please.on the new model you are listing you will need to contact Mitsubishi for repair instructions as they are getting ready to defend themselves in a class action suite!!!!
Larry Dillon

Mike Knoop
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

Great work, I've got a ws65711 with the blinking green light problem. I fixed it 6 months or so ago by leaving the power off and unplugged for an extended period but it's since returned and I haven't been able to fix it.

Any chance you could send the manual for the DM board repair to [email protected]?

Thank you!
-Mike

Tinkerman
Hi Larry:

Hi Larry:

I have a mitsubishi 52825 that the power cycles on and off as well as the fan over the boards. The blinking green light continues flashing. When I unplugged the fc connector on the signal board the fan comes on steady and the cycling stops. I do suspect the signal board is the problem. All the caps have been replaced. A little stuck at this point. Should I replace the signal board or is there a test to verify this is the problem. I have unplugged all of the other connectors and the signal board in the only one that shows a change.

Thank you

Larry Dillon
Nope not the signal board but

Nope not the signal board but you need to unplug the fc connector till the light stops flashing. then turn on the set. then replug in the fc connector.
Larry Dillon

Tinkerman
Hi Larry:

Hi Larry:

Thank you for the information,tried it with same results. I was incorrect about the connector I unplugged it was the ks to the signal board which made the power supply stop cycling. I notice also when I take off the filter plate I do not get a red light indicator as when I first started out.I removed kt connector from the signal board and found the voltage varies from 0 to 3.3 volts as the power cycles. At any rate glad to see you back on. I have read many of your posts and viewed info in Technician's Corner. I find all the information very helpful.

Thanks again,
Tinkerman

Larry Dillon
OK great tvrepairkits.com

OK great tvrepairkits.com will have the dlp repair kit available shortly!!!!! if you want to inquire about the available kits please go to the tvrepairkits website home-page and send them an inquire on the contact us button please.
Larry Dillon

larry56s
larry,

larry,

My mits 55813 has finally bit the dust with the blinking green light of death problem. Could you please send me repair docs to fix this? I have my private messaging turned on.

thanks

mekishiko
EVERYONE QUIT REPLYING TO

EVERYONE QUIT REPLYING TO THIS THREAD there is no such document. People that request it simply get a reply stating that to fix it they should buy some products and then are forwarded to some website to purchase a bunch of parts.

Larry Dillon
sorry man you will need to

sorry man you will need to buy parts to fix your set as there is no magic wand that will fix it and yes it will cost you cash to fix it.
Larry D.

Homer656
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,
My Mits WD-52752 has finally bit the dust with the blinking green light of death problem. Could you please send me repair docs to fix this to [email protected]

Caveman
Larry,

Larry,
I am having the problem with my Mitsubishi model WS-65711. It turns on for a few seconds, I hear a click (seems to be coming from the back left side), and then it turns off. I never get a picture or sound. I have tried to reset, held the device+menu buttons in for six seconds, unplugged for hours, but no luck. Could you please send me those files so I can at least try and give it a go. This tv has worked great for over six years. If there was any preventative maintenance that I should have performed, or had performed by a service tech, I wasn't aware of this. I appreciate your help, and will reply back with the results.
Mike

Darrick
Larry,

Larry,

Could you please send me the file? I also have a ws-65711 which just died. It only gives a blinking light for about 30 seconds after plugging it in but it will not turn on. I suspect the capacitors.

Thanks for all your help. It looks like you have saved alot of people big time!

Darrick

[email protected]

Rideout
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Four questions (three in regards to this post, and one general). First, I too have the same problem. Mitsubishi WD-52725 DLP TV; Blinking green light. Interesting thing is that it does this from time to time (always after a power outage), and some times I can get it to fire up again, but usually after many repeated efforts to reset, or unplug the unit. Is there a reason why it is inconsistent?
Second, I currently can NOT get it to come back on, so I would like to investigate the capacitors on the DM board. Could you please send me the information along with a service manual for my model. Third, my lamp is 5 years old (still working though before last nights power outage)...could that be a problem?

Address is [email protected].

Last, this site is cool...how do you donate?

Thanks a ton.

-m

Rideout
Rideout said:

Rideout said:

Hi Larry,

Four questions (three in regards to this post, and one general). First, I too have the same problem. Mitsubishi WD-52725 DLP TV; Blinking green light. Interesting thing is that it does this from time to time (always after a power outage), and some times I can get it to fire up again, but usually after many repeated efforts to reset, or unplug the unit. Is there a reason why it is inconsistent?
Second, I currently can NOT get it to come back on, so I would like to investigate the capacitors on the DM board. Could you please send me the information along with a service manual for my model. Third, my lamp is 5 years old (still working though before last nights power outage)...could that be a problem?

Address is [email protected].

Last, this site is cool...how do you donate?

Thanks a ton.

-m

Sorry Larry, if you are not supporting DLP TV's then just ignore all of my requests (Rideout), with my apologies. Looks like the class action suit may be the way to go!! OR TVrepairkits

Any other info is appreciated. It's been a good TV and I just don't think it should end up in the landfill.

All the best

-m

Zero
Hello! I too have the green

Hello! I too have the green blinking light of death. I spent $600.00 to get the TV (a Mitsubishi WS 65909) fixed but I just don't have that kind of money to get it fixed now. Larry can you email me your fix? I'm at [email protected] Thanks!

Darrick
After searching around I

After searching around I tried disconnecting the front switch panel on my WS-65711 and it now works with the remote! I tried to reset everything and hook up the panel again, but I get about 60 seconds of flashing light and then it goes out and the unit will not power on. If I disconnect the switches again it will power up with the remote.

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?

jeffstin
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Could you please send the fix you have for the green flashing light on a Mitsubishi Diamond tv? Please send it to [email protected].

Thanks,
Jeff

Darrick
Good news. I found another

Good news. I found another forum where it suggested starting up with the remote and resetting the system as well as running through all of the buttons a few times to unstick any sticky ones. I did this and put the front switch panel on - works perfect!

I do recall that the set acted up after I could not find the remote and pushed several front panel buttons in the dark trying to turn it off. Moral of the story - use the remote!

Caveman
I made my first post on Dec 6

I made my first post on Dec 6, 2009. I had the problem where I turn the tv on and three seconds later, the tv shuts off. I changed the 7 capacitors on the DM board (16v 1000uF 105c). The capacitors were not swollen or puffed out, but I changed them anyway. They were 80 cents a piece. SO I spent $5.60 for the caps and who knows how much for my time. I checked throughout all the boards and did not see one swollen cap. I put everything together, and changing the 7 caps on the DM board did nothing (yes, I made sure the DM board was seated properly). I finally said F*$# it, and called an honest reliable repair person I have dealt with in the past. I first called Paul's big screen where I purchased the tv and they referred me to their repair center. The first thing they told me was it would cost $100 just to have someone come out and diagnose the problem, and it would take a week for them to get out there. The guy I called came out a few hours later, THE SAME DAY!!! I had the tv apart, so he got right to it immediately. He knew exactly what he was doing and exactly what he was looking for. Just watching him, I knew he knew his shit! Low and behold, it turns out that it was the IC convergence. He also told me that the tv going out after three seconds was not due to the DM board and the caps as all the threads refer to. He told me that if it was the DM board, the light would not stop blinking. The tv going out almost immediately (three seconds) was mainly due to the IC convergence. He diagnosed this almost immediately and confirmed it after doing some trouble shooting with his multi meter.
I live in Huntington Beach, CA and if anyone lives in the vacinity, and would like his name, I would be glad to give it. My email is [email protected] just put in the subject "Big screen problem" or I will probably just delete it. My total bill is $295.00 (including parts!!!), not the $1000 that all the other people have been quoted that I have read about. My part will be ordered on Monday and the parts should arrive by Wednesday. I thought I was really on to something with these caps on the DM board, but there is a lot more to troubleshooting than meets the eye. I believe that if the caps are not swollen, then they are NOT the problem, don't change them. I hope this has been helpful to someone

Wurbach
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I to had the power go out in the house. Now I have the flashing green lite its a Mitsubishi WS 65513 can you send me the fix info thank you so much. Walter
[email protected]

mikeymike2
i have ws-65813 m I also ned

i have ws-65813 m I also ned docks please [email protected]

Thomas Harvey
Same problem with my

Same problem with my Mitsubishi please send me your fix i'll try it

Thomas Harvey
Same problem with my

Same problem with my Mitsubishi please send your fix I miss my tv.

greg2815
Sir you are saving people

Sir you are saving people thousands of dollars, can you add me to the list and send me the file please. I have a 3 year old mitsubishi DLP tv with the blinking light of death,[email protected] thank you very much.

moose1760
Larry , I to have the same

Larry , I to have the same issue. Blinking green light and no power or picture. I have a WS65711. Could you please sent me the file. Thanks

moose1760
Larry

Larry
My tv has been slowing crashing and went out on Christmas Day. All I have is the green blinking light. Can you add me to your list to send the fix for Mitsubishi WS65711. Thanks for your kindness.

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore