Digital Camera

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jenny Pilcher
Digital Camera

I have a Fujifilm FinePix 4700 zoom digital camera and It will snap like it is taking a picture and the flash works good and I can see the subject in the lense but there are no pictures on the memory card.. Can any of you help me to diagnosis the problem or tell me where I might find this info..  I have changed the memory card also.. It just stopped working suddenly...

Matt Whitlock
Does the camera also have

Does the camera also have internal memory? If it does, there will likely be a setting in the menu that tells the camera where to store pictures, either in the built-in memory or on the flash card.

Check there and let us know if that fixes you up. 

Jenny Pilcher
No, It doesn't have internal

No, It doesn't have internal memory.. Just the memory card...

Matt Whitlock
A Smart Media camera. Haven't

A Smart Media camera. Haven't seen one of these in a while. I have a feeling the Smart Media writer in the camera is shot, but I don't want to rule out the USB connection to the camera yet. I've seen both happen, but only one can be fixed without replacing the camera.

Take some photos, then remove the smart media flash card. Insert it into an external flash card reader and browse for your image files. If they are there, then you may have a USB cable or driver issue on your PC. We can look at that later.

If the images are not there, then the Smart Media reader in the camera may have gone bad. The 4700 isn't worth fixing, so you'd want to start shopping for a new camera. 

Jenny Pilcher
I really appreciate the help.

I really appreciate the help.. I think you are right in that it is time to go shopping for a new one..  Your help was greatly appreciated... Jenny

Connect With Techlore