A/V on a Philips 27pt6441 37 not working

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gallardo
A/V on a Philips 27pt6441 37 not working

Half a bottle of champagne was recently dumped down the back of my TV at a party.  It works, but when I tried to play a movie the other day, I found out that none of the A/V channels/inputs are working. 

I THINK that the inputs are fine.  The side inputs could not have gotten wet (the back most definitely did). 

When ever I press the A/V button on the remote, the LED on the front of the TV blinks, but wont change over to A/V1, A/V2, exc. 

Did I fry something in it?  Is there some way to reset the TV?

Worst comes to worst, I'm just going to buy a new TV in a few weeks, but I'd rather just fix this one if its simple/cheap enough.

Thanks for any and all help.

Larry Dillon
I am afraid the TV set has a

I am afraid the TV set has a major problem my friend. If the input board is not corroded, then there is a problem with the input switching IC.  This will cost you most likely, more then the set is worth I'm afraid.  Maybe time to look into a new set as when things like this happens to a TV set and liquid gets spilled on the boards or the set and it seeps inside, BOY, thats when the damage starts to happen!.  The best advice i can give you, do not spend any money to repair this set, as the longer the spilled liquid sits on a printed circuit board, the more that liquid is eating away at the printed circuit input board. Good Luck

Connect With Techlore