useing bose 901IV speakers for 7.1 surround

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
angelo
useing bose 901IV speakers for 7.1 surround

have 3 pair of bose 901IV speakers  receiver is yamaha dsp-a1 and a rx-v1 just need to know how to hook up all the speakers to my receiver  also my speakers came with an equalizer  for each pair of speakers do i need to use the equalizer for all of them    need some input please     thank you

Larry Dillon
It depends on what reciver

It depends on what reciver you intend on using.  My self I would use the DSP-A1.  While the RX-V1 is a better reciver, it will work great for your speakers.  i myself would use the six bose speakers for the front right, left, and the front right and left effects and then use the other pair as the left and right rear.  I would use something else as the center and use a powered subwoofer.  You will need to use the EQ with each set of soeakers as this is the  active crossover for the speakers.  Take the front cover off of the bose speaker and inspec the fome surrounds as they have the tendancy to rot away in these speakers.  Good Luck.

videodoktor
Unless that receiver has a

Unless that receiver has a tape monitor loop or a circuit to insert external equalizers and or signal processors the Bose eq won't work and those speakers will sound mighty flat. Usaully the equalizer/tape monitor loop or processor circuit will only affect the front left/right. check the reciever instruction book and see what it says about using and external eq you may be disappointed

Larry Dillon
Videodoktor, I looked up

Videodoktor, I looked up those receivers before I gave the info. They do have the proper things this person needs. These are not simple $300.00 receivers, these receivers cost 1000's.

videodoktor
Rare indeed I will look up

Rare indeed I will look up the Yamaha and see what it features I would not tell anyone something wrong I like to help but as you know some receivers have a "built in EQ" and don't provide a loop for external processors. Some have pre amp amp out connected with a U-bar so that the owner can place his EQ in circuit there. I found this site be just surfing I have spent a lot of time on i guess Ican mention it here Sound and Vision forms there they moslty just talk about how wonderful a product is and no real electronic faliures. And there if you don;t own certain brand things just don't post. If you own say a Bose product of any kind it for sure you will get flamed. There is no need to flame a person because he has something you don't like. I hope to be able to help some of the posters here I have bee in this business for over 25 years and still learning myself.

videodoktor
Ok I checked out the DSP-A1

Ok I checked out the DSP-A1 and it specs say it has pre out  on all channels but he would have to use External power amps for all the channels he would insert the Bose EQ at the pre-amp outs and then to his external power Amps

Connect With Techlore