advent ht2751a flyback transformer

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Potter
advent ht2751a flyback transformer

I was hoping you could tell me how to install a flyback transformer in my advent tv .  it seems easy but not sure how to remove the top section from the back of screen .  what else do i need to know  thanks for the help dave

Larry Dillon
Dave, do you have any

Dave, do you have any experience repairing high voltage circuits?  If you do not, please do not attempt a repair such as this as there is enough high voltage there to kill you.  There will be unsoldering and resoldering involved also.  there is most likely other problems with the set.  Are you prepared to trouble shoot the solid state printed circuit boards after you replace the fly?  You will need a service manual and knowledge of how the circuit works. Good Luck

Potter
the part was only 15 bucks so

the part was only 15 bucks so i figured i would give it a try if it does not work i would junk it the tv is only 2 years old it was hit with a power outage and had it tested by a pro told me it was the fly that was broken  if i unplug and change it is that still dangerous. if that doesn't i would junk thanks dave

Larry Dillon
If it was hit by a power

If it was hit by a power surge or or lightning, there is alot more wrong with the TV set then the flyback.  This tech probibly just did not want to get into the set.  Yes there is still a voltage danger even when a TV set is unplugged.

Potter
thanks larry i think i send

thanks larry i think i send part back and forget it dave

MOtvGuy
Those Advents are made by

Those Advents are made by Primus Electronics.  Very poor support and the service literature is often wrong.  As Larry said, he tossed the flyback out there to blow you off because he didn't want to mess with the set, I don't blame him.

Larry Dillon
HE HE I have seen this a

HE HE I have seen this a 10000 times too!

Connect With Techlore