new cordless phone stuck on SEARCHING

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dr Ruth
new cordless phone stuck on SEARCHING

Just setting up new Philips CD130 cordless phone, but handset just keeps flashing SEARCHING and i cannot dial a number. am using the phone line supplied. it's fully charged. Help please!

Larry Dillon
You sure you have the

You sure you have the complete model number?  I cannot find that model at Philips.  Is this phone in the US?

Larry Dillon
Oh Ok that is a good reason

Oh Ok that is a good reason to not find the model number.  i was looking in Philips USA.  But you did not give the complete model number my freind. There is a model CD 1301, 1302, 1303, 1304 and a model cd 1305.. I looked up all the models and they all say the same thing about your problem.. The handsets are not registared to the base.  It is in the owners manual on how to do this.  Most of the phones say see page 30 for info.  If it does not work after you follow the manual to the letter, the phone most likely has a problem. Take it back where you bought the phone for an exchange.  Good Luck and let us know how you made out with this phone problem.

Dr Ruth
Larry, thanks for your

Larry, thanks for your suggestion. I've followed the registration of the handsets on page 30 but unfortuately I still get the flashing SEARCHING message.

Sorry about the model number, the base station and instruction book state CD130, the additional suffix number indicates how many handsets there are - in my case 2.

I've also e-mailed Philips customer support so if they can't solve it I'll have to take it back, which is a shame as it was a gift to my elderly parents.

Larry Dillon
If the units will not

If the units will not registaer then it is time to exchange the system.

Connect With Techlore