audio settings

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
slpbird
audio settings

I just purchased def tech 7006 bipolar towers surounds and 2300 center channel. My receiver is a pioneer 84txsi. Im curious to see what anyone recomends for EQ settings. Def tech recommends to leave the EQ flat for best sound quality. Ive tried using the mcacc feature on the reciever but am not happy with the sound. Any help or oppinions are greatly appreciated.

Matt Whitlock
I have to agree with

I have to agree with Definitive. For the most part, I would recommend setting the EQ flat. I wouldn't try to increase or lower any particular band very much, though you could manually make minor tweaks to tailor the speaker to your room.  MCACC or any automatic EQ adjustments  probably will do more harm than good. Though automatic adjustments sound convenient in theory, a microphone and processor doesn't hear the same way you do. Audio is all about your ears, make sure all adjustments are made using them. Smile

I haven't listened to the Elite 84txsi, but I will say that Pioneer Elite amps that I've listened to in the past tend to have a much warmer and enhanced mid-range than most amps I've listened to. It may be worthwhile toning down the midrange a tiny bit to round out your already midrange heavy speakers. 

Also make sure you have your bass management set properly. Though you may not be using a separate subwoofer, you'll still want to configure bass management properly so LFE signals go to your fronts. Read "The 'Bassics' of Bass Management" for more help on this.

Good luck, and keep us informed on your progress.

slpbird
THANKS FOR THE INPUT. I DID

THANKS FOR THE INPUT. I DID NOTICE THIS SETUP IS HEAVY IN THE MIDRANGE. AFTER LOOKING THROUGH THE MANUAL I FOUND THAT ON TOP OF EQ ADJUSTMENT THE RECIEVER ALSO HAS TONE ADJUSTMENT. I WILL TRY TO LOWER SOME BASS AND ADD A LITTLE TREBLE AND LET YOU KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT. THANKS AGAIN.

Matt Whitlock
Sounds good. Look forward to

Sounds good. Look forward to seeing your results.

After you've got everything working the way you like, how about putting together a review of your new receiver and/or speakers for the TechLore Community? I'm sure everyone would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on your new gear.

slpbird
Thanks again Matt looks like

Thanks again Matt looks like the tone fixed my problem the dialogue is where I like it and movie effects like broken glass and explosions sound great. I am very happy with the whole setup. The only fault I have with the speakers is that the left right and center have to have be plugged into an outlet to power the subs. And you seem to run out of outlets pretty fast. I auditioned the def techs against paradigm studio series but liked how the def techs handled the lows much better. For the next month I will be messing around with the reciever compared to my old panasonic htib the features of the pioneer are just overwhelming to me. Looks like this will be the begining of a long relationship with Techlore.com

Matt Whitlock
Hi slpbird! 

Hi slpbird! 

Really glad you've gotten everything working, and that you're happy with how it sounds. I agree that DefTech speakers can be outlet hogs, especially when you've got three in front and an extra powered sub :-)

How about that review?

Connect With Techlore