samsung hdtv repair

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
verne
samsung hdtv repair

I have a 4-year old Samsung HDTV (4:3 ratio) that a service tech says needs a new "F-Box". I can purchase one of these at a fair price but how difficult is something like this to replace? Is it a plug and play card or item or is it much more complicated? Any help will be appreciated.

Verne

Larry Dillon
Vern, what is the TV set

Vern, what is the TV set doing or not doing, and the F box, is this the little connection on the back of the TV set where the cablle or antenna connects to?

verne
Larry Dillon said: Vern, what

Larry Dillon said: Vern, what is the TV set doing or not doing, and the F box, is this the little connection on the back of the TV set where the cablle or antenna connects to?

Larry:

The vertical edges of the screen wiggle regardless of the input source so the tech said it was probably the F-Box (features box where all the inputs are routed through-apparently).

Verne

verne
Larry Dillon said: Whats the

Larry Dillon said: Whats the model number?

Larry:

Model is TXM3296 

Larry Dillon
Verne, go here  , and you

Verne, go here  , and you will see the f-box cost like $167 and some change.  I dont know why the tech would not simply trouble shoot the board if that is the problem with an ociliscope and trace out the problem.  Let us know how you made out with this set.  Good Luck

bairdde
My Samsung 1080i HDTV was

My Samsung 1080i HDTV was manuf in 2003 and I want to repair it. It was beautiful until it suddenly split the colors and looks like a comic page when you see magenta shadows on one side and cyan on the other... the colors don't line up. Model is (I think, I was writing while hubby was reading) HCN4727W. Can we fix this cheaply??

MelvinK
I was watching my Samsung

I was watching my Samsung 1080i HDTV and it went blank, without any warning. After attempting to turnit on/off, I got a whif of burning components. Where should I start my troubleshooting to locate problem. This is the first problem experienced.

MelvinK
I was watching my Samsung

I was watching my Samsung 1081i HGTV and it went blank, no sight or sound. After attempting to turn it on/off, with no response, I got a whiff of burn components. I've unplug the set, where do I began my troubleshooting. This is the first time, this set has experience problems.

mhenster
My Samsung HDTV 1080i (about

My Samsung HDTV 1080i (about 3-4 years old) has become very blurry. I can't hardly read the on-screen guide for either cable or satellite (I have both connected and have had for a while with no problem). The non HDTV in the back room has digital and no problems whatsovever. Since it's blurry (both the guide and the picture) with both cable and dish, I think it's the TV. Also, as the TV comes on, a green horizontal line appears while it's turning on. What could be the problem?

mhenster
My Samsung HDTV 1080i (about

My Samsung HDTV 1080i (about 3-4 years old) has become very blurry. I can't hardly read the on-screen guide for either cable or satellite (I have both connected and have had for a while with no problem). The non HDTV in the back room has digital and no problems whatsovever. Since it's blurry (both the guide and the picture) with both cable and dish, I think it's the TV. Also, as the TV comes on, a green horizontal line appears while it's turning on. What could be the problem?

Larry Dillon
when you say out of focus,

when you say out of focus, are you saying it looks like at is 3-D? If so you have a convergence problem, If not then you ave a focus block problem most likely , but a picture says a thousand words.

mhenster
It doesn't look 3-D. It

It doesn't look 3-D. It looks blurry like when you go to the optomotrist and he is showing you blurry examples. You can't hardly make out the writing on-screen. It looks like I need some very strong glasses.

Larry Dillon
Look for wire(s) pulled loose

Look for wire(s) pulled loose from the focus blook if not them replace the block.

mhenster
Generally how much do focus

Generally how much do focus blocks run? Is there a way for me to order them online?

Larry Dillon
Sorry I thought I could fin

Sorry I thought I could fin one but there seems to none instock as everyplace I checked says it is no longer available.you could try and comtact samsung direct and see what they say?

Wendell2009
sorry about that dunno why

sorry about that dunno why part of my message was cut off but i had to replace the dcu board in the set along with the stk's and current limiting resistors, now i need the measurements to make a jig to converge the set

Jimbo11
I have about a 4 year old

I have about a 4 year old Samsung HDTV 8010i that recently developed a faint blue streak through the middle of the screen, takes up about 30% of the screen, distorts the color and duplicates any text. I have verified that all of the cables are well connected and that the same problem exists when I play a DVD, watch Satelite TV, VCR tape, etc.. Any ideas if there is a part I need to replace and where I might find it.
Thanks in advance
Jim

nascargirl
My Samsung HDTV model number

My Samsung HDTV model number HLT6156WX/XAA just turned off out of the blue while we were watching it. It came back on for about 10 seconds and then turned back off again. It kept doing this until I unpluged it. The TV was purchased in January 2008.

starmo
The TV I bought four years

The TV I bought four years ago (Samsung 1080i compatible) blinks on only one channel. What's wrong?

Larry Dillon
When you say one channel

When you say one channel blinks??? Can you be a bit more specific please? Is it the entire picture that blinks or just the light or does the set go on and off??
Larry Dillon.

Larry Dillon
dtarmo,nascargirl,jimbo11-The

dtarmo,nascargirl,jimbo11-The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon.
http://www.fixya.com/support/r3342653-convergence_fix

starts60
I have an HLP4667wk/xaa that

I have an HLP4667wk/xaa that is 5 yrs old. It starting hum noise and then ran about 6 hours and I turned it off. When try to turn on again no sound or picture just a hum noise.

starts60
I have a samsung hlp 4667wx

I have a samsung hlp 4667wx/xaa that started humming and ran about 6 hours after. When I tried to turn it on again I have no picture or sound just the humming

Larry Dillon
if that is a dlp set, not

if that is a dlp set, not sure as i do not have that model sounds like a bad color wheel. good luck. in the tech corner under the uploads/service manuals we have a how to do on replacing the color wheel on several models. good luck!!!
Larry Dillon.

starmo
Larry Dillon said: When you

Larry Dillon said: When you say one channel blinks??? Can you be a bit more specific please? Is it the entire picture that blinks or just the light or does the set go on and off?? Larry Dillon.

The picture goes black for a really short time and then it's back and so on. The channel frequency is 280 MHz (S 16). We've been told that it's the frequency that needs to be fixed.

bogo
hi iahve 2004 samsung modem

hi iahve 2004 samsung modem no. txn3075whx, hdtv. one of my friend gave me and it was working good. but i got it in home and try to hook up cable and power line but i doesnt even trun on. only i can some sound that i turn on power and still moniter remain black just like nothing happen. can you suggest me to how to turn on this tv?

n44rt
I have a Samsung TX-P2675WH

I have a Samsung TX-P2675WH tv that will not come on. It is flashing codes 06 and 14. At least that is what I make of it. I have no picture or sound. Can someone please help me with this? It is a 26" widesreen crt tube hdtv and about 4 years old.

mike1973
i have a Samsung HCL473WX/XAC

i have a Samsung HCL473WX/XAC
were i have i have a red light flashing and the tv will not turn on

what can i do and can
you help

mike1973
hi ahve a Samsung HCL473WXXAC

hi ahve a Samsung HCL473WXXAC
it will not turn on but when i try to turn it on i have flashing red light where it says timer can you help me

Todd B
I have a samsung HLT6156WA

I have a samsung HLT6156WA/XAA that is starting to get white spots on the screen. I bought this t.v. in late 07, is this a coomon problem,is it under a recall/warranty?

Fr0st
Hello I have a samsung

Hello I have a samsung TXP2775HX/XAA with no picture and no sound I am not sure where to begin. It blinks 6 times on the power indicator.

Pages

Connect With Techlore