samsung 1080i

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mastrcastr
samsung 1080i

The small red light on the front of my set stays on and the tv will not turn on Worked fine saturday evening turned it off . Sunday morning ..no more worky..lol ? Anny feedback?

Larry Dillon
Depending on the model number

Depending on the model number, you could have anything in the power supply that went bad.  if its an LCD set, the lamp could be bad.  Look in the owners manual and see under troubleshooting if it mentions anything about the  LED light.  get back to us with more info on the set.  I cannot say we will tell you what the problem is, but most likly tell you where its not.  Good Luck

Mastrcastr
Thanks Larry , The Model is

Thanks Larry , The Model is HCL552W HDTV1080i Monitor I dont possess the owners manual so that wont help me much ..trying to locate one though

Larry Dillon
You can download a free copy

You can download a free copy of the owners manual HERE.  I see what type Of TV set this is now.  Its a projection set.  Most likly you have a power supply problem or this set is common for the convergence ICs to short out and then kill the set.  What you can do it you have some elctronic Know how , is to locate where the convergence board is, a manual on this set would be helpfull for you.  With the set unplugged  locate the power connector plug on the convergence board and unplug it.  Plug in the set and try to see if it comes on.  If it does, thats your problem, the convergence board.  DO NOT LET THE SET PLAY FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME AS IT MAY HARM YOU CRT'S.  A list of parts is available HERE.  It looks like the entire convergence board cost about 121.00 or so.  If you have no experience with TV set's, play it safe and get a trained tech in to assist you in this repair.  Good Luck and keep us informed of your progress.

the conquistador
hello i have a SAMSUNG

hello i have a SAMSUNG HCM5525W 1080I, it seems like the red color on my monitor has beveled inward, what could be the problem; is this worth fixing or should i just purchase a new T.V?

lislharvey
I have the same problem as

I have the same problem as "the conquistador" but with the green color. The red and blue are still aligned but the green has diverged at the top and bottom of the screen. The Perfect Focus and Manual Adjustment options do not help. Any suggestions?

lislharvey
Let me further clarify. I

Let me further clarify. I have a model HCL4715W. I wonder if the convergence IC's need to be replaced. The models currently installed are the STK392-040. Maybe this helps in any response. Thanks!

Larry Dillon
david,The best advice I can

david,The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!

Jlangerak
I have one of these to and

I have one of these to and mine seems to have red and yellow lines from top to bottom and left to reight maybe a little blurry.

jose pires
ola eu tenho um televisor

ola eu tenho um televisor samsung 1080i e deixou de dar imagem so da um risco na vertical. alguem me pode resolver este problema

Connect With Techlore