32" LCD HDTV repair

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey949
32" LCD HDTV repair

I have a 32 " LDC TV my son Innocent scratched it can it be fixed  Cry.  If it can is it going to be expensive (estimate pleaseMoney mouth)

Larry Dillon
What make model and where is

What make model and where is it scratched?

Hey949
he put 5 scratches on the

he put 5 scratches on the screen its a 32" LCD HDTV ILO-3200 serial # bsc601500163t4

Larry Dillon
Hey949, Ilo is a Wal-Mart

Hey949, Ilo is a Wal-Mart store brand, and almost any manufacturer could have made this set.  I have been told by a very reliable source, who works in a Wal-Mart electronics department, that all of the TV sets at Wal-mart have cheaper parts inside them and Wal-Mart tells the manufactuers to build them this way as to get a less expensive product.  Thats how Wal-Mart can outsell any store or most of them, as this is even the case with top brands.   I cannot find any source as to parts on this brand.  My best advice would be to go to a Wal-Mart store and ask them where they or who they call for a warranty repair and maybe the servicer can get you a replacement.  Im not even sure if this set has a protection piece in the front of the set or if it is all one assembly.  Good Luck and sorry I can not assist you.  please let us know if you find or Wal-Mart tells you where to get parts.

Hey949
Thank you so much for your

Thank you so much for your help its greatly appreciated. Thanks again

gccc44
Okay, I have a similar

Okay, I have a similar problem.... only I can't blame mine on a little kid.   I did it all by myself.  

There was a fly on my sony 42" plasma screen and so I rolled up  a magazine and tried to swoosh it off, but my aim was bad and I accidently made a swipe/contact with the screen.   That, in turn, left a bit of a "scrape" mark in the non glare coating.   I'm assuming that's what it is because the screen is a bit shiny in that area of the skid mark where the rest of the screen is a duller, non glare finish.   It's not visible except when the tv is off or when the screen has a solid light tone..... but I'd still like to have it fixed back to normal.

anyone know if and how I can have the screen recoated?

moral:  Don't try and kill any insects on your tv.   Wait till they land on your wife's forehead.  

Connect With Techlore