27 " jvc problem

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
indoe
27 " jvc problem

I own a JVC mo. AV27F485. Today I simply turned on with remote when a sudden burst type was heard and then a thin horizontal line appeared in center of blacked out screen.I just purchased it 5 06 06 .I guess there are 2 questions....WARRANTY? And does anyone know what exactly occured to this set ..?  

thaNK S.....iVN

Larry Dillon
indoe, it seems you had a

indoe, it seems you had a vertical sweep blowout of sorts. i would call the store you purchaced the set and find out who to call for warranty repair. its a circuit problem. You should not even take off the back and take a peak as they may try to blame you. Good Luck and please let us know how you made out.

indoe

Thanks alot for your reply to my questions.I've gone ahead and reported the problem thru the J.V.C. ONLINE SERVICE CENTER,I was able to accquire an address to the only authorized servide center here in Tucson..A.Z.

What brings upon the "vertical sweep" effect?

Thanks again Larry.............Ivn.

Larry Dillon
It could be a capacitor that

It could be a capacitor that went out and blew up the vertical output IC, or a part just was not up to par.  Hope this is not a an example on how the set is going to last.!

indoe
  Here's something that makes

Here's something that makes no sense.......

I notified the retail store where i purchased my tv set about what happened to it(tv). The so called "store manager " came to awnser my question,when i asked him about the year warranty from JVC he tried to talk himself out of the whole situation by telling me that "the year 's warranty came into effect when they!! pick it up from the distributor.When using the most basic of common sense you know that that's b.s.....Instead I went to plan B.I called the A. dealer in town..just need proof of p. and it will be repaired or exchgd.  at no cost...   lllluckkkk!    ....t.b.c   IVN

Larry Dillon
That is BS what the store

That is BS what the store manager told you.  Sounds like something funny going on here.  Make sure the serial numbers not scratched off or removed.  Please let us know how you made out with the repair.

Connect With Techlore