The iPhone?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeff Block
The iPhone?

Has anyone else heard the rumor about the possibility that Apple might introduce a new wireless device called the iPhone?  I read a Forbes article today that seems to think that they will.

Any more information out there among you techies?

Jeff Block
Okay, it's 9 months later,

Okay, it's 9 months later, and everyone knows that the iPhone comes out on Friday.  The question is...  Who's buying? 

There's another article in the New York Times today that reviews the phone as mostly great, but not perfect.  (What device is perfect, afterall?)  But people sure are treating it like it might be perfect, if you believe the hype.  I love the reference in the article to the term "Jesus Phone". 

Give me a break!  There's no way I'm shelling out $500-600 for a new phone, when I already have one that works perfectly well (not to mention that I already also have a 60GB iPod video), so it'll be a long time before I can get a personal review of it out.  But I just have to believe that some of the yahoos already standing in line might be just a touch premature.

Your thoughts?

Larry Dillon
Jeff

Jeff

Do you know if this new phone will have a model that will take a simms card? 

Matt Whitlock
The phone is GSM based with

The phone is GSM based with AT&T, so I can only assume it will need a SIM card to operate on their network.

Joseph Ahern
Anyone been following the

Anyone been following the iPhone? Got one on day one and am in love with it. Sure I dislike Apple in general and the price drop was a sucker punch, but I do like the phone. Gearlive.com just got a video up of the latest firmware update which will include cell tower triangulation (Proximity GPS), pagination, and menu customization.

Connect With Techlore