hitachi tv

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
lsumillion
hitachi tv

I have sound but no picture when tv is turned on.

tecnico
I also have sound by no

I also have sound by no picture on my hitachi.......51swx20b???

Any suggestions??

Larry Dillon
lsuemillion, I need more info

lsuemillion, I need more info on the set.

Larry Dillon
tecnico, you could have a

tecnico, you could have a problem in the vertical sweep that failed, and when the vertical sweep fails in this set, it blanks out the video, so it does not burn a line across the screen, or you have a failure in the video jungle circuit, and or a failure in the crt filiment circuit.  Most likely a problem in the verticale sweep circuit though.  Without a scope to check the drive waveforms and a multimeter to check the b+ its really just a guess.  The proper way to troubleshoot this set IF you have some solid state repair experience, would be first to get a service or schematic diagram for this TV.  If you have no printed circuit board and or solid state repair experience, please call a local servicer for this TV as experimenting around inside a TV set is not a wish thing to do.  Good Luck.  And please share with us what you did to get your set in good condition.

XPURT
Same Model ....Power light

Same Model ....Power light comes on.then goes out. Diagnostic LED'S all light up , all go out,

except red LED D915 clicks several times as it fades out....I suspect I902, what do you think?

.................................x

Larry Dillon
Unplug the convergence power

Unplug the convergence power from the convergence board and see if the set comes on. If it does, replace the convergence IC's. Good Luck

kciggster
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with my Hitachi 51swx20b. We had a picture and then all of the sudden it was gone! Where is the convergence power located for the convergence board so I can tell if it is the convergence IC's? When you say replace the convergence IC's you are talking about the STK392-110's?

Larry Dillon
THEbest advice I can tell you

THEbest advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon, senior tech/tvrepairkits.com

Larry Dillon
yes the stk ic's plus any

yes the stk ic's plus any other bad parts that are included in the convergence kit!!! Larry Dillon

Larry Dillon
the kit will help you with

the kit will help you with that question as if a pico fuse or resistor that supply's power to the stk ic,so the kit will include them and help you with that also.
Larry Dillon

kciggster
Since I get no picture could

Since I get no picture could it be the relay or power supply?
What do either of these components cost for an Hitachi 51SWX20b?
Where could I find them online?

Larry Dillon
who told you these were the

who told you these were the problem with this set?? it does not make any since at all???
Larry Dillon

kciggster
Other Forums! Since I have no

Other Forums! Since I have no picture at all, why would it be the convergence parts and not the relay or power supply?

Larry Dillon
ask the other forums or

ask the other forums or whoever wrote that to you i really have no idea man!!!!!!
it just is not true.i don't have enough info about the set or the problem to answer that question !!!!!!
Larry D.

kciggster
We were watching our TV the

We were watching our TV the other day and all of the sudden the picture was gone. I have read all of the threads, or most of them, regarding the STK's but I don't think this is the problem since I am getting NO picture at all. I bought the TV, a Hitachi 51SWX20b, in 10/03. We moved and in 9/04 the Relay had to be replaced. At the time it was still under warranty.
I unplugged the TV and let it sit for 2 days and still no picture or anything the the guns. Just a blank screen with nothing.
Could the relay have gone out again? or is it the power supply? or maybe both?
What are the costs of these 2 items?

Larry Dillon
did it make a high pitched

did it make a high pitched noise when you unplugged it and plugged it back in yes it could be the convergence ic,s
Larry Dillon

Connect With Techlore