Trouble playing cam video on TV

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
carty
Trouble playing cam video on TV

I am having difficulty playing my mini-dvd's recorded on a Sony NVgs-50en camcorder on TV. While the dvd are playing ok on the cam's screen, they are showing b/w and are streaming or scrolling vertically continuously on my TV as if they are off-track. What's going on?

Matt Whitlock
Your camcorder doesn't look

Your camcorder doesn't look like it came from the US, and most likely records DVD discs in the PAL format. This means they aren't compatible with the majority of DVD players in the United States.

Fortunately, your camcorder may have the option of playing back the incompatible discs in the right format. Check your camcorder setup menu the option of outputting video in both NTSC and PAL. If the option is available, make sure you have it set for NTSC.

If this option does not exist, you will need to purchase an external PAL to NTSC converter in order to view these movies on your existing TV.

carty
Tks Matt! Believe that you

Tks Matt! Believe that you have hit the nail on the head. This camcorder was purchased in Hong Kong by my son. I looked at the cameras brochure
specs and it requires a PAL standard TV. Hope I can find the converter at Radio Shack.

Connect With Techlore