picture problem with apex AT2708S television

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
greencynders
picture problem with apex AT2708S television

Recently my tv has been not been showing a complete picture. It has lost about a good inch on all sides of the screen. For example when playing a game the word "WIN" will pop up on the screen but now it displays "IN". I took it in to Sears for repair as it is under warranty until Aug 26 2006. They claimed to have resoldiered the V prom and it was ok for a day and it is now doing the same thing again. In fact, after they "fixed" it, it takes longer for the colors to fully display compared to before being taken in. I would like to find out what is actually going on before I take it and whether or not I should just ask for a new TV because it is a
"satisfaction guaranteed" warranty. If this helps, I do alot of gaming using the S-Video port, but the problems happens with all the inputs, even the cable input. Any help would be appreciated!

greencynders
It is now making a high

It is now making a high pitched whine after being on for a minute. I thought it was a high pitched ringing because of hearing loss, but it disappears when the tv is off, and reappears when it is on.

Connect With Techlore