local channels

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
cole59
local channels

I have a RCA Modelf19627 2001 model. It plays DVD and VSH an Sat/Cable great. When I try to use just the antenna on the top of the RV it locate any channels. All the Antenna wires are all connected. Can anyone Help PLEASE
Cole59

Matt Whitlock
cole59 said:I have a RCA

cole59 said:

I have a RCA Modelf19627 2001 model. It plays DVD and VSH an Sat/Cable great. When I try to use just the antenna on the top of the RV it locate any channels. All the Antenna wires are all connected. Can anyone Help PLEASE
Cole59

I can't really understand what your problem or question is by the way you worded your question. I think you're missing something after the statement "When I try to use just the antenna on the top of the RV it locate any channels."

cole59
Sorry I missed putting in

Sorry I missed putting in that it will not bring up any local channels on a antenna. Auto search does nothing. It did work until last fall but quit in Washington hasn't work since. Thanks Cole

cole59
Please can anyone help? We

Please can anyone help? We are getting the motorhome ready to leave for the south and I hate to buy a new tv if not needed. The TV is a 2001 RCA model # f19627. It has Guide plus on it and came with a RCA universal Guide Plus Gemstar remote. Everything works on it DVD,SAT.,CABLE,VHS PLAYER except when I put it on just plain TV to pick up the local channels using the antenna it will not pick any up. It worked fine for the last 4 years but quit in WA. last fall. I've tryed everything the instruction book says, but so far nothing. I can not even set it back to the factory defaults. Thanks Cole

Matt Whitlock
Cole, Most RVs that I've been

Cole,

Most RVs that I've been in have some sort of amp for the antenna that needs to be turned on before you'll get adequate reception. Check all wires, and make sure everything is plugged in correctly.

I've never heard of cold affecting a TV tuner, but it would be wise to allow the TV to warm up to room temperature.

Is it possible to remove the TV and plug into a different antenna? If it works, then the problem is with the RV antenna or wiring to the TV. If it does not work, the TV's tuner could have failed, and it would need replacement.

Good luck.

Connect With Techlore