What's your deal?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeff Block
What's your deal?

You won't believe what happened to me today... Same day... Amazing...

I'm opening mail this morning, and out of nowhere my home security company sent me a check for $150, because they're rolling back and refunding all the increases they've made to the monthly rate they're charging me for their service overtime. And starting next month, the monthly price will be back down where it started.

Not 3 hours later, I'm reconciling my credit card statement, and my internet service monthly charge didn't match my scheduled transaction in Quicken. I jump to their site, and out of nowhere, they've knocked $10/month off the cost.

Outstanding! So, my question to you'all is... What's the best deal you've gotten like this? No bad deals. Just good ones. What shockers (on the positive side) have you "gotten in the mail" lately?

Steven Jones (not verified)
I had an amazing experience

I had an amazing experience when I bought Delicious Library (a fantastic Mac-based DVD Media software package). I had already tried a similar package and was quite unimpressed. The difference between that amateur attempt and what the folks at Delicious Monster have done is staggering so it was an easy decision for me to upgrade.

What made the whole experience worth writing home about though was that Delicious not only correctly identified the previous setup and offered to import that work to jumpstart the new software but gave me a "pity" credit toward the cost of their software. They actually took pity on me for having suffered through the previous software and deducted $10 off the price of theirs!!!

Unbelievable - they have a customer for life!

Jeff Block
Seriously. Even though I

Seriously. Even though I imagine my security company lost a lawsuit or something, both these companys' stocks have gone up in my world.

And the ISP price drop came only a couple days after their calling me to tell me... "We're seeing that your connection is running slower than it should be, when can we send a technician out to get it back up to optimal speed." I'll never change!

BTW, you should check them out... www.dls.net

Connect With Techlore