Can anyone please help with a G2G Gear Portable DVD Player?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kaitlynsmom
Can anyone please help with a G2G Gear Portable DVD Player?

I was given a used G2G Gear DVD-708 that has audio but no video. The problem is that they didn't have the owner's manual and I can't find a website for the manufacturer that has supportof any kind on it so I have no idea where to even begin in troubleshooting the problem. The DVD does spin and I get audio but no picture - and this model has two screens so I doubt that it's related to the LCD. Can anyone help me out with ideas on where to start looking for problems or better yet where to obtain another manual for this thing? Any and all suggestions will be welcomed! Thanks.

Matt Whitlock
I did a little investigating,

I did a little investigating, and learned that Hasco was the exclusive US distributor for G2G products in the US. However, it looks like Hasco is no longer distributing or selling the product line. According to their site, you can still get technical support information by calling this toll-free number: 1-866-607-8867, which is hopefully still in service.

Here's the web page I found all this on: http://www.hasco-sales.com/pages/1/in...

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

GreneralZod
I had a G2G for the car. 

I had a G2G for the car.  What happens is the video monitor spins.  There is a plug (or cable) internally that attaches the monitor to the board in the main unit.  If you keep spinning the monitor (like my kids did) in on direction, the cable get to short and pulls out of the board.  Then no video.  I took min apart and unwound the cable and pluged it back in and it works fine.  The kids were told only turn 1/2 turn to open.  It was a real PITA to fix.  I just bought a new one at Best buy for $149 by Sony.

dans_repair_service
If the previous comment is

If the previous comment is correct, this problem is not new. Sharp had the same problem with their small camcorders. Yep, the ones that came out with the LCD screen on the back where the camera portion pivoted on the side of the camera. I replaced quite a few of those flat cables that were torn because the user kept turning the camera clockwise.  A simple fix was implemented to restrict the movement to 270 degrees.

Dan

Connect With Techlore