Sony Handy Cam

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jenp31
Sony Handy Cam

I have a Sony Handy Cam model #CCD-TRV58 and am having a problem with my tape portion. The door won't shut and the error message that comes up on the scree is C:32:11. Can anyone help me.

Matt Whitlock
Any error beginning with "C

Any error beginning with "C:31 or C:32" is a serviceable issue. Sony recommends the following:

1. Turn off the camcorder.
2. Remove the battery or disconnect the AC power adapter for 60 seconds.
3. Insert the battery or reconnect the AC adapter.
4. Turn on the camcorder.
5. If the error message appears, service may be required.

Vicki
I have an older analog sony

I have an older analog sony handicam (TRV -38, or something like that) using Hi 8 tapes? The door holding the tape seems to be jammed and will not open, although power is feeding thru. Any ideas how I can fix it? Should I undo the screws holding the door and see if a mechanism inside is faulty?

Matt Whitlock
Hi Vicki,

Hi Vicki,

If you're comfortable playing around with gadgets and can accept the risk of damaging the unit beyond repair, then of course you can unscrew it and try to diagnose it yourself. 

A few things to keep in mind though:

1. Even if I can see what the problem is, is there anything I can do about it?

2. Camcorders have very small, sensitive parts. Am I okay with breaking it?

3. Is it worth fixing one way or another? Is it time for something new? 

I know those may not be the things you want to think about, but I'll say again. Camcorders are easy to break since there's a million tiny parts in them. If you discover that the mechanism is faulty, but can't repair it yourself, then you may as well have it serviced by a professional rather than take an unnecessary risk, especially if you want it to work again. If you want something new anyway, head to the store. Camcorders have come a long way since the Hi-8.

Good luck! 

Connect With Techlore