Tv reception not good, vertical lines, ghosts

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fredapklunk
Tv reception not good, vertical lines, ghosts

I have several TVs hooked up to cable with a collection of splitters and boosters but need some help in debugging a couple of problems.
1. Ihave ghosting on several TVs, very pronounced double images.
2. I have a vertical line about three inches wide, almost centered, a little to the left on several TVs. It is Opaque.
3. On my HDTV viewing the HD channels the picture breaksup into little squares and the images halt temporarily.
Would appreciate any advice as to the cause of these problems.

zookre
I had the same problem with

I had the same problem with my tv's (5) with 4 splitters so I got a motorola signal booster at circuit city ($49.99 after rebates) and it greatley improved picture quality on all 5 tv's. it got rid of fuzzyness and lines on lower chanels, which was my main problem

Guest (not verified)
Zookre's ans. sounds like a

Zookre's ans. sounds like a good one. Each time you add a splitter you reduce the signal.

Fredapklunk
Thanks for the comments but I

Thanks for the comments but I have two boosters on my splitters. One is 3DB and the other is adjustable. I can turn up the adjustable one until the picture disapears. If I remove all the splitters and use just the input line the picture is improved but not fixed. The problem is worse at night.

Connect With Techlore