Panasonic Fax wont work now

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jfsacks
Panasonic Fax wont work now

The KX FHP331 worked for my friend at the old address, but will not work at the new residence.
Thanks for any ideas.

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Can you be more specific

Can you be more specific about what "will not work" means. Will it not turn on, or does it not successfully send faxes?

I've moved your thread to Off-Topic discussions, merely because we don't really have a forum for fax machines. You'll be able to find it there from now on.

Jfsacks
It would not receive a fax.

It would not receive a fax. Later I looked at the FAQ regarding fax machines on the Panasonic site and found out that the answering machine input line needs to be plugged into the fax ext socket. We had them on separate jacks.

Jfsacks
Sorry. My last post about

Sorry. My last post about input is poorly written.
I meant that the FAQ said that the input of the answering machine should connect to the "ext" socket of the fax machine. Thank you.

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
I'm glad to hear you got it

I'm glad to hear you got it working. This is a great tip for other Panasonic fax machine owners.

Joycepen
I have the Panasonic KX-FL511

I have the Panasonic KX-FL511 Laser Fax machine. I am unable to get a dial tone and have no instruction book that goes with it to try and figure it out. I have customer support, but they say I have to unplug the phone line and take the fax machine to another phone line in my house and reconnect it to see if I can get a phone line from that other area in the house. It is very hard to disconnect everything because of a desk and hutch area that is very hard to get to. I think I did something like press the wrong button somewhere and thus causing the fax not to receive a dial tone. It is hooked up to a dedicated phone line of its own. Like I say, there is no instruction book that came with it. Panasonic customer support has been absolutely no help. I will appreciate any ideas of how to fix this problem. Joycepen

Ron Repking (not verified)
Check the phone line to the

Check the phone line to the fax to make sure it is working properly by unplugging the fax line and plugging it into a regular phone. See if you get a dialtone. If so, you know that the problem is with the fax, not the line as panasonic suggested.

Matt Whitlock
Joycepen, As an aid to you,

Joycepen,

As an aid to you, your Panasonic manual is available for download here.

linchi
Does anyone know how to do a

Does anyone know how to do a RAM Clear on a Panasonic kxfl511? Keep getting message toner low but it has been replaced...

Connect With Techlore