New SanDisk card not registering

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
rmfowler
New SanDisk card not registering

I just bought a 256 MB card to go in my RCA Lyra. The Lyra acknowledges the card, as evidenced by the little square in the corner of the LCD, but when I try to use Musicmatch or Windows media player to add music, they don't recognize that the card is there. They show I have no more memory. What is the deal?

Ron Repking (not verified)
Probably what is happening is

Probably what is happening is that MusicMatch/Windows media player is recognizing the built-in memory for the Lyra, but not the external card (assuming that your Lyra has built-in memory, which most do). When it gives you the 'no memory' error is it because the built-in memory is full?

In any event, if you can't get it to show up in those programs, you can always use an external card reader to put music on your card or on a built-in reader if your computer has one (most new ones do). Also, check out this article, specifically step 5. You should also be able to find the SanDisk card in Windows Explorer on your computer and transfer files that way.

rmfowler
Thank you for responding, Ron

Thank you for responding, Ron. Yes, the built in memory is just about full. I tried to find the Sandisk everywhere in My Computer and couldn't, and I checked that article and there isn't anything on memory cards in it so that didn't really help.

Your SanDisk memory card

Your SanDisk memory card should show up in "My Computer" as a "Removable Disk", typically either the E: or F: drive.

Try this article if you're not sure what you should be looking for:

http://www.techlore.com/article/10383

If you still can't find it, report back.

rmfowler
When I double click on the

When I double click on the Drive F in My Computer, it says "Please insert a disk into drive F". I thought drive F was the disk?!? So obviously, I still can't get access to this card. Any more thoughts, suggestions, ways I might dismantle my computer so that I cause it actual pain?

Now, let's not hurt your

Now, let's not hurt your computer - it will cause you more pain than the computer itself :-)

There are many things to try. First, what's the model # on your Lyra? That would help.

Second, unplug your device from your computer. Open up "My Computer" on the computer and note what drives are listed. Turn on your MP3 Player and plug it back into your computer and watch closely. Did any new items appear? If so, click on whatever appeared. That's your MP3 player.

If that doesn't work, do you have a reader either in your computer or an external reader that you can put your card in? An external reader looks something like this:

http://www.techlore.com/article/10493/

You can get one at any electronics store for about $10, and it might be a good investment. If you plug this device into your computer with the Sandisk card in it, it will also magically appear on My Computer.

You can try one last trick if you own a digital camera that takes the same card as your MP3 player. Swap the card into the digital camera and transfer MP3s much like you would if you were transferring pictures. Might be a little tricky, but could work.

Let me know what, if anything, works.

Connect With Techlore