PANASONIC TELEPHONE MODEL#KX-TG2235B

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
MIMI
PANASONIC TELEPHONE MODEL#KX-TG2235B

i HAVE A PANASONIC 2.4 GHz MODEL NO. KX-TG2235B,EVERY TIME I PLUG IT IN ALL THE LIGHTS ON BASE(CHARGE,SPEAKERPHONE,V/M) LIGHTS JUST CONTINUSLY BLINK OFF AND ON,PHONE WILL NOT EVEN WORK OR CHARGE,PLEASE HELP

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
According to Panasonic, this

According to Panasonic, this is not what they would consider to be a normal problem. Given the odd nature of the problem, it would be recommended to explain this problem to Panasonic directly. They will most likely inform you that the unit needs to be replaced. You can call Panasonic at (800)211-7262.

Please post back here with the answer they give you to help others facing the same problem.

arun
MIMI, We are having the same

MIMI, We are having the same problem. Power went off for few seconds and when it came back, base lights started blinking. Did you have a solution? Please let me know.

MIMI
NO SORRY PANASONIC JUST SAYS

NO SORRY PANASONIC JUST SAYS I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE S&H AND THE LABOR AND PARTS AND THEY CAN---TRY-------TO FIX IT--I GUESS I WONT BUY PANASONIC PHONES NO MORE..

crockett
Same thing happening to me.

Same thing happening to me. Don't they have a warranty?

Ron Repking (not verified)
Like any electronic device,

Like any electronic device, they should have a warranty. Definitely take it back if you haven't had it very long.

MIMI
PROBLEM IS I BOUGHT ON EBAY

PROBLEM IS I BOUGHT ON EBAY FOR $17.00 + $18.00S&H SO THEY JUST TELL ME TO MAIL IT BACK,AND I HAVE TO PAY THE S&H BOTH WAYS AND THEY'LL REPLACE IT,,,THE COST OF S&H IS MORE THAN I PAID FOR THE PHONE(BOTH WAYS)!!!I JUST THOUGHT PANASONIC WOULD TELL ME TO TAKE IT LOCALLY TO GET FIXED ON THEM,,,BUT NOPE,,SO I LEARNED A LESSON DON'T BUY PANASONIC THEY DON'T STAND BEHIND THIER PRODUCTS!!!!

Tie Guy
Saying that they don't stand

Saying that they don't stand behing their products is a little harsh MIMI. First of all, it's not their fault you bought it at ebay. If you had bought it from a local authorized retailer you would have had somewhere to go. Those who shop the vast online auctions have accepted the risks involved, but it doesn't sound like you did. If so, you would consider it a blessing that they offered to replace it, since most manufacturers have a zero tolerance rule about buying from unauthorized sources. Also, most companies don't repair phones out in the field. All that I can think of require the phone to be sent to a regional center. It works this way on many small electronics.

Think of it this way, you paid 30 dollars for the phone, and 5 dollars to ship it when you bought it (because it really doesn't cost 18 bucks to send a small package UPS or FedEx ground). The phone you purchased has prices ranging from 79.99 to 94.99 at various reputable online stores. The expression "too good to be true" really comes to mind here. I would have been suspicious about buying such a product at the offered price, and it looks like you got what you paid for.

I would send it back and get it replaced. In the end, you'll get a working phone that cost you about 70 - 80 dollars. Makes you kind of wish you bought a working one at a store...doesn't it?

MIMI
thanks for your knowledge,

thanks for your knowledge,,BUT JUST BECAUSE I BOUGHT IT OFF EBAY I BOUGHT IT FROM A PANASONIC STORE THROUGH EBAY,,,THATS WHY THEY SAID I COULD SEND IT BACK,AND BACK TO MY COMMENT-- NO I WILL NOT PERSONALLY BUY PANASONIC AGAIN THEIR PHONE WAS JUNK,AND PLEASE DONT SAY I'M HARSH ABOUT THEM NOT STANDING BEHIND THIER PRODUCTS,WHY DONT YOU READ THE OTHER PEOPLE COMMENTS ON THIS POST ABOUT THIER PHONE DOING THE SAME THING (I BET NOT EVERYONE ON HER WAS STUPID TO BUY IT FROM EBAY!!!!!) AND THIER PHONES ARE STILL JUNK SO IF PANASONIC IS SELLING PHONES THAT THEY HAVE REPORTS OF THEM HAVING PROBLEMS AND THIER STILL SELLING THEM,THEN OBVIOUSLY THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THIER PRODUCTS,(AT LEAST STAND BEHIND SELLING GOOD PRODUCTS)THANK YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY (WHAT ARE YOU A PANASONIC REP)I WAS JUST SEEING IF ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND YOU COME ON TRYING TO TELL ME HOW DUMB I WAS BY WHERE I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT!!!(MAYBE THE DUMB ONE IS THE ONE SELLING BAD PRODUCTS,NOT THE ONE BUYING THEM)THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
MIMI, I'm sorry you had a

MIMI, I'm sorry you had a negative experience with your Panasonic phone. While discussing it in the TechLore forums, I please ask that you do not type in all capital letters. Not only is it difficult to read, but in the message board world it implies that you're yelling.

Although I don't entirely agree with TieGuy, I do agree that proclaiming all Panasonic phones as junk is overkill. By offering to exchange it, they are standing behind their product.

Where I think you're running into trouble is in the shipping costs. Since you bought the phone at a steep discount, it seems more expensive than the phone. I checked TieGuy's info, and your phone does indeed usually sell for 80 to 100 dollars. If you had paid full price for the phone, the shipping costs for replacing it would probably not seem to be so high.

It's your choice if you want to take the loss on your purchase, and move on to something else. I've had bad experiences in past, too. And there are a few brands that I would probably never buy again. If you feel you were mistreated as a consumer, you could file a formal compliant with the Better Business Bureau.

Tie Guy
MIMI,

MIMI,

I never said you were stupid. Really... not once.

I'm not a Panasonic rep, or anyone that really likes Panasonic products all that much. But I am someone that's relatively informed in the gadget world, and I'll say that every product model that every manufacturer makes has reports of problems. Some are legit issues, others are considered "user error". I'm not saying that yours is user error since there was obviously something wrong with your phone. Any gadget maker would love it if every product that left their factory always worked flawlessly, but that's simply not going to happen. Some products fail; it's a fact of life.

Remember, your beef shouldn't be with Panasonic. As Matt said, they are willing to replace it. The problem is where you bought it. ebay shoppers aren't stupid...you can get some great deals. But most ebay shoppers know that if a faulty product is delivered they have fewer options to resolve the issue. If you had bought it at a local store, you may have paid a little more, but you could have returned it and/or exchanged it easily.

Does anyone else want to chime in on this?

MIMI
thanks have a great week,Im

thanks have a great week,Im leaving for vacation in 5 hours and dont really care about this panasonic phone right now!!!!So hear fromm you in a week,,you all have a great day!!!

julia1
I lost the instruction book

I lost the instruction book for the PANASONIC TELEPHONE MODEL#KX-TG2235B. How do I program phone numbers?

Matt Whitlock
julia, I'll do one better for

julia,

I'll do one better for you. You can download the manual for your telephone here. Download and save it to your computer for future reference.

Now that you have a manual again, I hope you come back here and tell us how to program numbers into your phone... then you'll be the expert! You can even write your own "How To" article for all the other folks out there that don't know how to do it.

arun
Good News. I got my

Good News. I got my Panasonic Phone replaced. When I called the service center, they said I got to pay for S&H and 79 bucks for refurbished phone to get a replacement without a receipt. Before throwing it away, I called one more time and this time different person picked up the phone and said send it in, we'll replace it for you. I did immediately and I got the refurbished working phone within a week. I couldn't believe it. I knew previous phone I had was more than two years old. And I knew Panasonic gives only one year warranty.

MIMI
that is great news,can you

that is great news,can you give me the person name(the second person) if you remember it,cause thats who I need to talk to Ive talked to 5 employees there and keep here the same thing like you did on first call<<And was the S&H expensive?(Just curious)THANK YOU

arun
I live in Dallas, TX.

I live in Dallas, TX. Service center is in MACVAY, TX. S&H was about 6 bucks. The person I spoke to was Norma.

MIMI
THANK YOU VERY MUCH i'LL TRY

THANK YOU VERY MUCH i'LL TRY CALLING THERE

Connect With Techlore