Car Radios

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tashi
Car Radios

The screen in my radio is black I can't follow the instuction to enter my security code. I have a C280 Mercedes. I put in a new battery. Then you need to put code or radio won't work. It's security so if stolen can't be used.

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Check for a small note with

Check for a small note with all the papers you received when you bought the car, or in your car's owners guide. The note will have the code on it. They usually do not print it in the owners guide for obvious reasons.

If you've lost it, I've never heard of a way around these security locks, other than inputting the correct security code. You need to take the car to a Mercedes dealer where they can reset it for you.

Tashi
I have the code, with out the

I have the code, with out the screen i can't follow instruction on screen. When reading manual you cut on radio wait for the word code the enter one number of code wait for four----enter the rest of the five digit theft code.Each number will be displayed when when it is keyed.5. When all 5 antitheftcode numbers have been correctil entered, the first number in code flashes, alerting you to confirm the code. Press scan button to confirm the code. If the correct antithef code has not been entered after nine seperate attempts-and there fore aftertwo 10 minutes wait intervals-the radio will lock for 24 hours to prevent anf further recoding attemps. the radio must be left on with the key in position one during this period in order for it to renter the code mode.

Ron Repking (not verified)
Why can't you just wait a few

Why can't you just wait a few seconds in between entering your codes? It seems like you have all of the instructions that you need. Just assume that the numbers are being displayed, but you can't see them.

Tashi
I took it to the Mercedes

I took it to the Mercedes dealer;he tried. He could do it with out the screen.

Connect With Techlore