Mitsubishi VS-55609 problem after Convergence IC repair

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
mr01
Mitsubishi VS-55609 problem after Convergence IC repair

Hi, my Mitsubishi VS-55609 recently started acting strange after I replaced the convergence IC (STK393-110). Originally, I replaced the STK393-110 and the TV turned on and worked fine again. However, at that time I did not have any more heatsink paste/grease. I took out the board again while I waited for my heatsink paste/grease to come in via mail.

After a couple of days, when my heatsink paste came in. I decided to clean off my flux from soldering the board with some 95% Ethanol (just the Convergence IC part) and applied the heatsink paste and attached the heatsink. Upon fully inserting the board back into the TV, the TV started to act strange. The image became super distorted and unwatchable. Here is a youtube video of such problem.

http://youtu.be/4xfiB7Yy41M

I triple checked the pico fuses for the convergence IC and they all read normal values as expected in the manual. I am not sure what this problem could mean. I thought the convergence IC might have gone bad; therefore, I replaced it with another Convergence IC again and it did not fix it.

Please, if anyone has any information on this problem, I would greatly appreciate any assistance you might be able to provide.

mr01
accidental reply. Please

accidental reply. Please delete.

Connect With Techlore