sony kp-46wt510 help

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
stealshot
sony kp-46wt510 help

i turned my sony kp-46wt510 tv on today and the screen was blue i could bearly see the program or the menu for that matter. I shut it off and tried again this time i counted the timer/stand by light blinks 11 times. I took the back of the tv the one with all the holes and looked at the lamps and the only one that was on was the blue one. i have looked all the internet and have not found a fix. If anyone could help me trouble shoot and fix the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

evil
Sony troubleshooting error

Sony troubleshooting error codes do not go up to 11. It is most likely an issue in the focus block. Here is a link that helped another guy with the same issue you are having but with a completely different model and make of television. Pay careful attention to the instructions I give him on what to do before you attempt it. Your issue suggest to me the flyback is fine and working but the over voltage protect circuit has been enacted on the two crt's that you said are not working, likely due to the bad focus block. I myself have this exact chassis downstairs and it has the same issue I am describing is wrong with your's from time to time.
http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/39883/mitsubishi-WS65909-error-code...

stealshot
Thanks evil I got all three

Thanks evil I got all three lamps on now but now there are 5 blinking lights. The convergance is off and I cant change the volume. haven't tried the on screen convergance yet. Any more advice you can give me.

stealshot
sorry I forgot to mention the

sorry I forgot to mention the sound comes on for a few seconds then shuts of and then the led blinks 5 times then the sound comes back on for a few seconds. then it repeats. thanks

evil
God I hate coming to this

God I hate coming to this site anymore...Ads screaming at me every time the page loads to the point that I can't even think straight. Answers coming soon DO NOT ADJUST ANYTHING OR ATTEMPT TO DO ANYTHING UNTIL I REPORT BACK WITH A POSSIBLE CAUSE AND EXPLANATION. You will only make things worse for yourself later.

evil
Okay now that I can think

Okay now that I can think better I believe you may have a convergence issue. The issue is most likely your convergence (integrated circuits/IC's) I'm too tired to look up exact numbers of your chips but they will have a number on them something like STK 392-040, the numbers might be different but the STK will be the same. You can download the service manual from the technicians corner and see the exact board location and replacement numbers if you want, I don't believe they have this model in with the title so maybe do a search on the chassis number which I believe to be RA6A look on the sticker on the back of the set to confirm but isn't really all that important. The process is pretty straight forward if you have any soldering experience at all, hardest part will probably be removing the old ones but this tool will make the job a lot simpler http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062731&utm_source... sorry for the long link I'm too tired to post a hyper link, and I'm not sure they allow it anymore..... Google pictures of convergence IC's to get an idea of what you are looking for on the board. They will be on probably the largest heat sink,/big metal block with fins for cooling, on the board. These boards can hold lethal amounts of electricity so before grabbing a hold of something you will regret UNPLUG the set for a few days to a week and leave it unplugged, this will slowly discharge everything, still be aware of large capacitors on the board and any thick red wires as these may still hold enough voltage to put a hurt on you. Here is a link to the exact replacement KIT that you need to install once you have the old chips out. http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/product.php?productid=19928&partner=ev... Go to the link and see if the pictures in it looks like your set does when its turned on. If so you need this kit to repair it, the kit will come with everything you will need except solder and a soldering iron. It has step by step illustrated instructions from beginning to end. Read the instructions that come with the kit before handling the new chips because you can ruin them with static electricity just by touching them. This is where the not adjusting the convergence now comes into play. If you tried to adjust it with the bad convergence ic's then the convergence would be that much worse when you installed the new ic's which would correct this convergence issue just by installing the new chips, if that makes any sense to you. As is the convergence is correct but these bad ic's are skewing the results on the screen if you adjusted the convergence with the bad ic's to get it looking right on the screen, which would not happen I promise, then when you installed the new IC's it would correct the results on the screen only it wouldn't be correct because you adjusted it out of alignment when the bad chips were in, so it would be that much further from being correctly lined up.

evil
You know where to find me if

You know where to find me if you need anymore help. If using the user menu to converge the colors don't work and still needs a little tweak there are ways of aligning them aside from the user menu, which I won't mention in the forums but will gladly PM in case the instructions don't come with this info.

Connect With Techlore