Mitsubishi WD-62825 - "Lamp Abnormality"

1 post / 0 new
klau87
Mitsubishi WD-62825 - "Lamp Abnormality"

I'm having some issues with my Mitsubishi WD-62825 DLP TV.  When I initially power the TV on, the green light blinks for a minute (normal) but the lamp never powers on.  The trouble code given is 3-4 which equals "lamp abnormality". I first decided to change the lamp, even though my old lamp did not appear to have anything wrong with it, but that did not work.  After doing some research, I concluded that it must be either the Power PWB board or the lamp ballast board.  I then checked all of the capacitors on both the main power board and the ballast board.  None of the caps appeared to be blown (none popped, none had a dome shape, none had discoloration). Like a fool, I then assumed it MUST be the ballast board, so without doing any diagnosing, I ordered and installed a new one.  Same problem.  WTF.  I then decided to check the input power going to the ballast board and got a value of 313VDC (research tells me it should be 330VDC).  My questions are the following:

1. Is 313VDC within the acceptable tolerance range of the input power to the ballast board?
2. If not, and the problem is not capacitors on the main power board, any idea what else could it be?
3. What should the output power from the ballast board to the lamp be (maybe the new ballast board is bad)?
4. If none of the above, any suggestions?

In the interest of full disclosure, I should also note this issue arose the morning after I hooked up an XBOX Kinect for the first time and played some games.  Could the jumping around and vibrations have caused any soldered joints to break loose?? My family and I played some games and watched TV for about an hour afterwards and nothing seemed wrong so I would be very hard pressed to believed that, but I've seen/heard of stranger things.

Thanks in advance.

Connect With Techlore