mitsubishi wd52525 DLP TV

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
notrubskwah
mitsubishi wd52525 DLP TV

I am back here again as my tv has crashed again, blinking green light junk.  I am guessing the DM Board needs to be rebuilt/replaced, the picture was perfect except for some waviness to it......  My question here today is in your honest opinion, granted i dont have the money to go off and buy a brand new tv, should i replace the board with a used one from ebay for $50 or sell the tv as it is.  I have a second mitsu dlp that was for parts, sadly its dm board is bad too, pink wavy lines.  So i have a spare bulb, and light ballast for the current broken tv, i can do the repair myself i replaced the capacitors on each board already with the recommended slightly higher voltage ones, so the only thing i would need to do is inspect the ones replaced and replace the one board, your thoughts are appreciated.  If I get rid of it, the only thing i could buy is a used tv.

evil
With the money you would save

With the money you would save by getting rid of the dlp set you would win in the end. Nothing wrong with a used set....most problems that have occured have already been fixed.

notrubskwah
thanks for you info and help,

thanks for you info and help, i have already purhased a used dm board that is warranted for 6 months for $40, i couldnt see much loss in that, i took the dm boar from he spare set i had, the dm board powers the tv but the reason i cant use that dm board is because it has the purplish lines. So i will this tv 6 more months to see how it does, after all i do have an extra light engin, ballast and bulb to go through.

Connect With Techlore