Power surge, tv only powers to standby.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
wuvstwuck
Power surge, tv only powers to standby.

Basically one night i was playing my ps3 and lightning struck out of nowhere and i guess it was a power surge because my LG 42" 42LD450-UA (model) tv just went dead and when i try to turn it on, the light that turns from red to blue (suggesting that it was powered on) stays red but sort of goes from dim red to normal red consecutively and i was told this means its going to standby and not powering on. I was told to replace the power board so i bought a new one on ebay and put it in my tv but for some reason it still only powers to standby so i called a technician and he said the only other thing he thinks it could be is the main board. However im curious because the power plug doesnt connect to the main board or go through it it goes to the power board then to the tv and i know it was a power surge because my xbox's power bar also got fried. So how could the main board be effected? I mean i have my doubts although im not a pro at this im just trying to get other opinions so i dont waste more money on another part that doesnt turn out to be the problem especially considering the main board is going to cost double what i paid for the power board that i replaced. So basically im asking if anyone thinks it could be the main board even though the a/v doesnt connect to that so i can have a little more reassurance before i go and spend more money. I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer me. Thank You

Kato
Try a "factory reset" with

Try a "factory reset" with the remote. Google or seek your owners manual for the procedure.

Mine was a Mitsu WD-52628 and a green light started after a lamp replacement. Turned out nothing was broke or burned out but that the system needed a complete reset to factory settings with the new lamp. Hope this helps you. 

Post your finding for others. Thanks 

Kato

evil
Do your self the favor and

Do your self the favor and trash it. I wouldn't waste anymore money on it.

Kato
Have you tried other ideas or

Have you tried other ideas or did you trash it?

Connect With Techlore