Sony KF-60WE610 Picture/sound problem HELP

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shiffer91786
Sony KF-60WE610 Picture/sound problem HELP

I have a sony kf-60we610. The following started about 4 months ago and has gradually gotten worse to the point now that the tv has become useless.

I turn it on and it works fine for about 10 minutes, then the picture and sound go out. The tv is still on, and the indicator light on the front is solid green. If I leave the tv alone, sometimes it will come on by itself, but if it does, it almost always goes back out after a few minutes. If I turn the tv off and then back on again, the picture and sound do not return an dthe indicator light just blinks GREEN. The next day it again turns on fine then starts the cycle all over again. Is there an easy fix for this?

evil
Is it the power light that

Is it the power light that blinks or the lamp light that blinks when you turn it back on?

Shiffer91786
It is the green power light

It is the green power light that blinks. No red lights ever blink

Shiffer91786
It doesnt stop until i turn

It doesnt stop until i turn off tv. Once i left it on blinking green and after 20 minutes or so the picture came back on for bout10 then went out again.

evil
Try this there will be a

Try this there will be a numbered list on the left and some letters then some numbers on the right you want to see all zeros on the right if you see anything other than zero write the letters to the left of it down and let me know what they are, you may have to use the joystick left and right to view all of the list. - Quickly press the remote command button in the following order from the stand by state.
DISPLAY Channel5 (Volume {down}) POWER. To end it the self diagnosis function hit the power button

Shiffer91786
I did it and it was all 0's

I did it and it was all 0's

6: +B OVP 0
7: AUDIO 0
8: D-OVP 0
101: WDT 0

SERIAL: 0000000
MODEL: 95200000

evil
Did you use the joystick left

Did you use the joystick left and right to view all of the list?

Shiffer91786
I did this time:

I did this time:
same numbers as above, plus

1: lamp 0
3: lamp cover 1
4: Fan 1
4: Temp 0
5: Lamp driver 0

201: WDT-ENGINE 0
LCD PJ ENGINE

VER 10.00B
03/06/30 662F

Thank you for your help.

evil
Have you replaced the lamp

Have you replaced the lamp recently?or been in the lamp bay? When was the last time you cleaned the cooling fan, I think there is access to it. I'm not exactly sure but I think one error may cause another.

garycole
Your Lamp needs changing.

Your Lamp needs changing. look in the back of your manual for the replacement lamp part number and also directions on how to change it yourself. The repair shops will charge a 'grip' to do it.

Lrobinson
My Sony same model KF-6WE610
My Sony same model KF-6WE610 when I turn it on it don't pop on the green on light blink 6 green then it turn to the standby an it blink 6 reds then pause an continue same pattern

Connect With Techlore