Mitsub. WD-62528 ??? about DIY repair

1 post / 0 new
Rodifications
Mitsub. WD-62528 ??? about DIY repair

This tv came to me free . The previous owner baught a new bulb for it which he said didnt fix it so he went and baught a 72" LCD. I have repaired an older Mitsu. projection  by replasing caps on the power board and it still works today. Hope I can do as well with this one. I have a Pace de-solder station and digital meter and tools and a truckload of ambition . The triple stack power/DM/?? board chasis I've already removed and I could use some KNOW HOW right about now. When I pluged it in it flashed green as it should for about two to three minutes, stopped, I hit the power button...........  nothing. Did some internet investigation and found issues about the button panel and I had already thought that the power button and a few others didnt feel right so I unplug.........place my finger on the power button holding it in ..........plug in the unit............still holding...........until the green light stops...........and it powers on.   WOOO  HOOO   That last about three or four days ...............POWER OUTAGE !!!! You know whats next. So I repeat the hold plug hold proceedure again but it doesnt power up. It was just teasing me....... works for three days  then Cuw-poot..........What a drag................but I'm not giving up. So two days later I attemp the same proceedure only this time while still holding after the green stops I run my thumb across the rest of the buttons .................and it powers on. Works fine for ten days or so until the Grandchild unplugs the power strip next to the intertainment center..............Hunny, the tv is broke again.......................My whole life has been like this.........Murphy's law in full effect every freckin day.  I attemp the proceedures again but to no avail.     Oh no ............Im not done.   Unpluged it for two days, ran my little poceedure and it powers on.   TEASING ME   remember?  It works for a week or ten days then just wont power on no matter what I do.  Can you believe I havent pushed it off the back of the truck while doing about 75 mph so I can watch it decintigrate and feel good about it..........cuz I've wanted to.  So I think its got multiple issues and a new owner with I'm sure just as many ................ Any one interested in taking part in this Charlie Foxtrot. Or maybe you could just tell which caps to replace and any other tasks that may need to be done while it is disassembled,and I will worry about the rest

Connect With Techlore