Mitsubishi WD-57731 Green Light of Death

1 post / 0 new
bigzman
Mitsubishi WD-57731 Green Light of Death

Hello, A few weeks ago my grandfather gave me his TV and said "I am too old to fix it so it's yours if you want it" it looks like a really nice TV but its broke. 
I have been reading what I can about other TVs with the same problem but nothing about my model wd-57731.
 I am new to TV repair and would like to see if there are instructions for my TV all that I have been able to find with good detailed instructions are for the WS model and some WD models that look way different inside than mine.

I have taken the set apart and do not see any capacitors the look bad (I know that doesn't mean much) basically nothing obvious.
when I do  turn on the set I hear clicking from the top board (I am guessing the power board) I looked and the clicking is coming from one of 3 black boxes.  after looking closely I noticed that the boxes were caps that can be pulled off (so I did) what they look like is magnetic switches (guessing again) the first one is the one clicking the other 2 don't.  It just clicks once as power gets to it. I decided to see what happens if the other 2 were pressed (closing that part of the circuit) the bulb comes on but the green light still flashes and there is no picture.what do I do??  I don't know enough to get to into it too much more than I did because I know enough to probably make it worse lol.  anyone that can help thank you in advance for what you can offer.  Zach 

Connect With Techlore