JVC Plasma GM-P420UG green screen problem on S-video... older model I know but any input?

1 post / 0 new
jtfromnyc
JVC Plasma GM-P420UG green screen problem on S-video... older model I know but any input?

I have the JVC GM-P420UG 42 in. Plasma Television and I get a green screen through my S-video input about half the time I use it. Sometimes I get picture and there's no problem. Sometimes I can turn it off, then on again a few times and the picture will reappear. Also, my HD inputs are only showing Yellow & Blue, but no Red, which is why I switched to using the S-video in the first place, which now has the above problem! Doh! This seems like two different problems to me, but do you think they are related? I should also mention that I took it to a repair shop for a no-pay evaluation of the color chipset, and they tested the composite video input which showed full color & picture. What do you think I should do? I cannot afford to spend much on the repair, and maybe this is not worth spending anything at all on. Thank you for your help.

Connect With Techlore