Outputting Audio and Video from a Visteon XV101 Portable DVD Player

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
c4evap
Outputting Audio and Video from a Visteon XV101 Portable DVD Player

Hi - I sure hope you can help me. I recently purchased a "Visteon XV101 Portable DVD player" (from the Visteon DVD Dockable Family of products). It did not come with the needed cables to hook it up to a TV. I purchased a set that had 3 RCA connectors (for the TV) and two mini-plug connectors (one for video & one for audio). The sound is transferred to the TV without a problem but the video output to the TV is scrambled. If I pull out the video mini-plug slightly from the Portable DVD player the picture on the TV stabilizes but loses all color and has a ghost like quality or the picture disappears completely. I'm pretty sure I don't have the proper cables. I can't find any information on where to purchase the correct cables. I've been to the Visteon website but since it's a discontinued product they have no info on the unit. Here's more info on the DVD unit:

The Video output jack on the portable DVD player reads: video in/out & s-video out. The Audio output jack reads: audio in/out & digital out.

To me, the video out jack on the player doesn't quite look the same as the audio out jack - suggesting that I've been using the wrong cables.

Any help offered is greatly appreciated.

D :) - sorry about previous post, I hit the wrong key. lol

Matt Whitlock
Information regarding this

Information regarding this player online isn't widely available, so there's no manual for me to reference. However, based on your post, I see two things to try.

First, the A/V jack should output audio and video, meaning you shouldn't need to use the headphone jack at all. The kind of cable you should be using should look like this:

According to product descriptions, this player will output in both PAL and NTSC. If in the US, hooking it up to an NTSC TV, make sure that NTSC is selected in the menu. That should clear up the ghosting and color issues.

c4evap
Nope! That's the cable I

Nope! That's the cable I already have and it does not work. The player is set to NTSC (which is correct for my location). Thanks anyway.

Matt Whitlock
c4evap said:

c4evap said:
Nope! That's the cable I already have and it does not work. The player is set to NTSC (which is correct for my location). Thanks anyway.

The other option is to try a 2 conductor (one stripe on the plug) to RCA cable (video only) and use the headphone jack for audio. Perhaps that "A/V" output, according to the product description, is video only.

mostdef4u
where can i get a 2 conductor

where can i get a 2 conductor (one stripe on the plug ) which connects to a mono 3.5 mil portable dvd player ?

mostdef4u
where can i get a 2 conductor

where can i get a 2 conductor (one stripe on the plug) to RCA cable
(video only)

Connect With Techlore