Mitsubishi DM Module

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
WL7111
Mitsubishi DM Module

Can anyone please explain, WHY this DM Module a continual problem for Mitsubishi....is this a clever marketing strategy to sell more.....Also why is it when you call a certified service company recommended by Mitsubishi on THEIR  WEB SITE......one will tell you it will cost a $1,000 and another will tell you ite will cost no more than $400.....

Sounds like Mitsubishi is not ethical in my opinion......3 sets in my office and all 3 have DM Module failures.....

What a piece of crap...

Any comments

Zon
I agree. But the fix is

I agree. But the fix is easier then you think. Larry Dillion is the man!

WL7111
Who is Larry Dillion......I

Who is Larry Dillion......I am new to this site....Mitsubishi has been giving me a headache.....At my office (3) out (3) Mitsubishi sets have had the same problems.....sound like an engineering problem that has not be addressed by Mitsubishi in hopes of seeling new sets....if you would want another Mitsubishi.

Thanks
Bernard

Larry Dillon
what are the model numbers of

what are the model numbers of your Three TV sets?

WL7111
I can give you two of the

I can give you two of the model numbers one of the other gentleman is out of the office today.

WS55859
WS65713

Thanks

Larry Dillon
There are two different

There are two different repais in these different model numbers, the WS55859 has sever capacitors that need to be changed most likely inside the DM, the other one has four capacitors that ussually go bad. If you can solder or know someone who can you can save at least 800 to a grand per TV set. You can repair them for less then 10 bucks. Leave an e-mail address and I will send you the repair procedture for both units. Good Luck

WL7111
Larry the service man

Larry the service man recommended by Mitsubishi has changed the capacitors on the module. No Success. So he called Mitsubishi and they told him the module is probably bad.....who knows what is bad though.....they sent him a refurbished module and he is supposed to come back today and install the module.

What I have a problem with is Mitsubishi.....this be a very badly engineered component. The other thing that bothers me is that 2 recommended service providers give prices of 1000 and the other 400......someone is totally out of line here. I think Mitsubishi should make good on the part due to the fact that som many customers have experienced the same problem. Bad engineering on Mitsubishi's part and terrible sustomer service. I do not think I will ever buy another Mitsubishi product.

What are your thoughts.

Bernard

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
My thoughts are that

My thoughts are that Mitsubishi could be a little more caring with the ramped problems they are having with probably every single model they made with the second as well the third generation of DM Module. But you have to remember, they do give a warranty, the warranty does cover the set for a certain period of time. If the warranty expires and there is a problem would anyone else cover a repair? I really doubt it. A recall is done on a safety matter such as in a defect in an automobile that affects the safety of the public. This is by no means a safety issue. I do however do agree that they should supply the authorized as well as the NON authorized repair shops a rebuilt DM Module for a reasonable cost , and not at the 800 to a grand price they charge now. You as I understand it have o be an AUTHORIZED repair center by Mitsubishi to even order and RECEIVE and rebuilt module. That in my opinion is a bunch of bunk. Now the situation about some shops charging 1000 bucks to the 400 bucks. The ones charging the 400 bucks are ripping off the public more then the ones charging a grand, as that is the average price to replace the entire module with a new or rebuilt module. The shops charging 400 are simply replacing four to seven capacitors at a cost of less then 10 bucks. Thats the ripoff!! this is why I am trying to help folks and have in fact helps several hundred repair their TV sets for a fraction of the cost they would normally have to pay.

WL7111
Larry the service man

Larry the service man replaced the capacitors on my old module in my living room. Thsi did not fix the problem. He ordered a module from Mitsubishi...Then they put it on back order. I raised so much hell with Mitsubishi that they expedited one to the service technician. The price for the module was $195.00.

The service technician installed the module and the set us up and running....BUT now the picture does not fill the screen on HD and I have lost all of my previous settings that I assume were on the EPROM......The service technician said he need to talk to Mitsubishi to get the codes for this module set up....whatever that is......Also there seem to be more inputs on this module. What the HELL is going on......am I screwed

Larry Dillon
No your not screwed,

No your not screwed, Depending on the model number of your set as you did not say what it was and I am suppose to be a fortune teller and know what model of set you have I guess. Some sets have what is called an e2P module inside the DM that has all the preset info on it. Maybe the tech did not know about this?

WL7111
WS-55859, is the model number

WS-55859, is the model number......sorry I thought you knew the model number from our previous posts.

Regards,
Bernard

Larry Dillon
Bernard, I do not remember

Bernard, I do not remember one post from another as I get hundreds of repair request per week. Yep, obviously the tech did not know this DM Module on this set has a e2p eeprom that needs to be Changed out from the bad module to the new module. Hopfully he did not send back the old board yet. Yes you would be in a bit of a tangle if he, the tech did send back the old board already, as the tech need to untangle the problem. If you give me your e-mail address I will send you the service manual so you can show the repair person what I am saying. Good luck

WL7111
Thank you very musch Larry...

Thank you very musch Larry....the email address is [email protected]

Thank you again

Larry Dillon
On it's way to you Bernard,

On it's way to you Bernard, Good luck man.

TOSCA1
Larry Dillon said: There are

Larry Dillon said: There are two different repais in these different model numbers, the WS55859 has sever capacitors that need to be changed most likely inside the DM, the other one has four capacitors that ussually go bad. If you can solder or know someone who can you can save at least 800 to a grand per TV set. You can repair them for less then 10 bucks. Leave an e-mail address and I will send you the repair procedture for both units. Good Luck

Please send me the instructions for WS55859. Mitsubishi told me DM module is no longer available.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks in advance!!!!

TOSCA1
Larry Dillon said: My

Larry Dillon said: My thoughts are that Mitsubishi could be a little more caring with the ramped problems they are having with probably every single model they made with the second as well the third generation of DM Module. But you have to remember, they do give a warranty, the warranty does cover the set for a certain period of time. If the warranty expires and there is a problem would anyone else cover a repair? I really doubt it. A recall is done on a safety matter such as in a defect in an automobile that affects the safety of the public. This is by no means a safety issue. I do however do agree that they should supply the authorized as well as the NON authorized repair shops a rebuilt DM Module for a reasonable cost , and not at the 800 to a grand price they charge now. You as I understand it have o be an AUTHORIZED repair center by Mitsubishi to even order and RECEIVE and rebuilt module. That in my opinion is a bunch of bunk. Now the situation about some shops charging 1000 bucks to the 400 bucks. The ones charging the 400 bucks are ripping off the public more then the ones charging a grand, as that is the average price to replace the entire module with a new or rebuilt module. The shops charging 400 are simply replacing four to seven capacitors at a cost of less then 10 bucks. Thats the ripoff!! this is why I am trying to help folks and have in fact helps several hundred repair their TV sets for a fraction of the cost they would normally have to pay.

Larry Dillon said: There are two different repais in these different model numbers, the WS55859 has sever capacitors that need to be changed most likely inside the DM, the other one has four capacitors that ussually go bad. If you can solder or know someone who can you can save at least 800 to a grand per TV set. You can repair them for less then 10 bucks. Leave an e-mail address and I will send you the repair procedture for both units. Good Luck

Please send me the instructions for WS55859. Mitsubishi told me DM module is no longer available.

Hope your treatments are going well. I too, had to have 44 radiation treatments which appear to have been successful.

Thanks in advance!!!!

TOSCA1

Larry Dillon said: My thoughts are that Mitsubishi could be a little more caring with the ramped problems they are having with probably every single model they made with the second as well the third generation of DM Module. But you have to remember, they do give a warranty, the warranty does cover the set for a certain period of time. If the warranty expires and there is a problem would anyone else cover a repair? I really doubt it. A recall is done on a safety matter such as in a defect in an automobile that affects the safety of the public. This is by no means a safety issue. I do however do agree that they should supply the authorized as well as the NON authorized repair shops a rebuilt DM Module for a reasonable cost , and not at the 800 to a grand price they charge now. You as I understand it have o be an AUTHORIZED repair center by Mitsubishi to even order and RECEIVE and rebuilt module. That in my opinion is a bunch of bunk. Now the situation about some shops charging 1000 bucks to the 400 bucks. The ones charging the 400 bucks are ripping off the public more then the ones charging a grand, as that is the average price to replace the entire module with a new or rebuilt module. The shops charging 400 are simply replacing four to seven capacitors at a cost of less then 10 bucks. Thats the ripoff!! this is why I am trying to help folks and have in fact helps several hundred repair their TV sets for a fraction of the cost they would normally have to pay.

Hope your treatments are going well. I too, had to have 44 radiation treatments which appear to have been successful.

Thanks in advance!!!!

TOSCA1
Larry Dillon said: There are

Thanks in advance!!!!

TOSCA1

Thanks in advance!!!!

TOSCA1

Thanks in advance!!!!

paullis
I have WS-65909 with the

I have WS-65909 with the green light problem. Evidently the DM is not booting. Can you send the repair manual for this? I have NASA certification for soldering so no problem. Unfortunately, I also have Leukemia and am trying to get this thing working for my daughter. The good with the bad.

htp-2005
hi i need some help i have 4

hi i need some help i have 4 mitsubishi lt52149 lcd on two of them i have a red line that goes away after the set has been on for a while and on the other 2 i have a transparent blue 4 inch line that runs from top to bottom this does not go away after the set has been on i could really use the service manual for this model and could the dm mod have anything to do with this thanks aaron

Connect With Techlore