Larry Dillon SOS! WD-52628 self shutdown issue?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
CoachDavis
Larry Dillon SOS! WD-52628 self shutdown issue?
Larry I was referred to you on the highdefforum for help with this as my warranty ran out last year. I was away at work and grandpa was watching the kids at home two weeks ago. As the story was told to me, he was trying to switch the device menu to the vcr to entertain the kids. He ended up in the tv menu and the tv hasn't worked correctly since!
The tv powers up fine but is trapped on regular cable tv. Anytime the device menu is selected it does nothing, but power itself off after a one minute delay. You can't select the dvd, direct tv, vcr, or anything else. UGGHH! Please HELP!!!
rlevan
i have the same issue with

i have the same issue with this tv as of right now. It just came back from the service center to fix the issue and apparently they didn't fix it. it worked for about a week and then today i turn it on and back to the same old problem. did you ever find a resolution for this problem?

CoachDavis
This issue never got answered

This issue never got answered on this board. However I later called Mitsubishi for the second time and got a very knowledgable customer service rep. He recommended a "TV Reset" that I later found on page 20 of the owner's guide. It is as follows if you don't have your owner's guide/manual:

1. Press TV Menu and then 1,2,3 to see the RESET SERVICE MENU to reset the TV.
2. Select Reset System Defaults (Caution: All settings, except V-Chip, will be reset to the original factory defaults).

Netman
I have the same problem. Any

I have the same problem. Any time that I try to select a device from the device menu on the remote, i get a blue screen and the tv shut down. If I try to select the device from the front panel the tv will shut down. I have tried the reset button on the front panel and the reset service menu from the TV menu. Can anyone help?

Kato
CoachDavis said: This issue

CoachDavis said: This issue never got answered on this board. However I later called Mitsubishi for the second time and got a very knowledgable customer service rep. He recommended a "TV Reset" that I later found on page 20 of the owner's guide. It is as follows if you don't have your owner's guide/manual: 1. Press TV Menu and then 1,2,3 to see the RESET SERVICE MENU to reset the TV. 2. Select Reset System Defaults (Caution: All settings, except V-Chip, will be reset to the original factory defaults).

Did this work for you? I have a WD-52628 with a green blinking timer light then shuts down and repeats itself.

Connect With Techlore