Mitsubishi WD-52525 has a continuious blinking light

1707 posts / 0 new
Last post
judgebean
Larry,

Larry,

Could you email me the mouser.com link for the 3300 caps again? I already have the repair docs but can't find the initial email with the link. Thanks again!

[email protected]

BenG
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WD52525 with the green flashing timer light issue. We lost power for about an hour and, when the power did finally came back, there's the green flashing light. Tried cutting power and the system reset button to no avail.

Could you please send me the necessary repair directions and service manual so I can try and fix this myself? Use this email please: [email protected]

TIA

ryanz3
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

You must have missed my post above. I'm having the flashing green lights on my WD 52525. Can you send me the directions and manual?

Thanks,

Ryan
[email protected]

nestor
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
My Mitsubishi WS 65613 has the same kind of blinking led and nothing else is working,would this be the same capacitor problems as those other Mitsubishi TV?
And if it is could you send me the direction or manual ..
Thanks,
Nestor
[email protected]

wawa44oz
Hi Larry

Hi Larry
I seem to be having the same issue as everyone else in this post.
The TV I have is the WD52525.

Could you please forward me the directions on how disaseemble and replace the capacitors.

My email is [email protected]

Any and all help is appreciated.

-AW

mcmill45
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I installed the recommended caps on my Mitsu WD-52525 and viola...the TV works! What a feeling of accomplishment. When I first turned the TV on and started playing a DVD, there was a fuzzy blue haze on parts of the picture - I believe it was the black areas. I continued watching for awhile and the haze lessened, though it is sometimes still noticeable. Any thoughts on why this is happening? Did I do something wrong? Am I going to potentially have problems if I continue watching? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your help!

Matt

Larry Dillon
Did you replace ALL 0f the

Did you replace ALL 0f the caps on the FMT board?

mcmill45
All the ones that were

All the ones that were highlighted on the documents you sent.

mcmill45
I'm still watching now and it

I'm still watching now and it seems to be fine...who knows what will happen tomorrow though...

Larry Dillon
great news man! I am so glad

great news man! I am so glad we were able to assist you!

Larry Dillon
Ryan and AW, I will certainly

Ryan and AW, I will certainly send out the repair info toyou ASAP Good luck with this repair.

Larry Dillon
Sorry Ryan, A little busy

Sorry Ryan, A little busy here, on it's way to you man. Good Luck with the repair!

Wishbone
Mr. Dillon. I have the 52525

Mr. Dillon. I have the 52525 with the constant green blinking light. I suppose my problem is aligned with many of the others I have read here. I would very much appreciate the documents and any other input that you may have.  Thanks so much for all your help as well as others that have replied with helpful info.

Larry Dillon
I will send the documents out

I will send the documents out to you as this does fix about 60% or so of the sets with this problem. If you still have a problem, make sure you have the 3.3 standby volts as shown in the block diagrams. Good luck with the repair.

Wishbone
Mr. Dillon, Don't mean to

Mr. Dillon, Don't mean to rush you but I did not receive the docs. yet. If you have not yet had time that is fine but thought maybe they got lost in cyberspace or something. I checked spam and junk folders. Thanks,

Larry Dillon
Oh man i sent those out

Oh man i sent those out already to you. I will try it again. Good Luck

Wishbone
Thanks, Got em!They both

Thanks, Got em!They both showed up within about 15 minutes of each other.

wawa44oz
Larry Dillon said: Ryan and

Larry Dillon said: Ryan and AW, I will certainly send out the repair info toyou ASAP Good luck with this repair.

Hey Larry

Im sure your busy addressing the million and one issues with these Mitsubishit TV's, but when you have a chance, can you please resend the necessary docuementation for repairing the 52525.

Thanks and much appreciated.

-Andrew

nestor
Larry Dillon said: On it's

Larry Dillon said: On it's way to you Nestor

Hi Larry,

I still have not receive this. Can you please sent it again.

Thanks,

nestor

[email protected] or [email protected]

Larry Dillon
nestor, I do not understand

nestor, I do not understand this, I have sent this two you alreadt twice, I will try again man. Good luck

HeatherJo
could i also get this much

could i also get this much needed info for my tv please? thanks!

[email protected]

seanoco
Ok -- well I will be joining

Ok -- well I will be joining the cast of thousands at your mercy Larry hoping for an easy fix to the blinking green light issue -- no response from the remotes -- no picture when unplugged and reset -- just blinking green light on the front of my MItsu WS65511 -- please forward on some of the "fix info" for this to me at [email protected] and [email protected] -- much appreciated to the Wizard of Mitsui fixes. Thanks in advance! SeanO !!

krhood
Larry I have a wd-62825 with

Larry I have a wd-62825 with the blinking green light from you know where. coul you possibly send me repair instructions. my email is [email protected] Thanks very much.

ello1828
Hello Larry, I think I have

Hello Larry, I think I have the same issue but maybe in its early stages. My WD-52525 has worked great since I got it, when it first rolled out. A number of weeks ago after I turn off the set, the flashing green light would come on, but after the set has cooled down. I used to be able to reset the TV using the manual reset, and after that stopped working, I reset the set by unplugging. In the mean time, the TV asked for a new bulb (I think at about 5800 hrs). I just replaced the bulb today, and the TV works for about an hour before it scrambles the picture, and then shuts down on its own, with the flashing green timer light. I've even tried initializing the set going to the service menu, but basically the same result. Other sites have said the same thing, that it could be the four capacitors on the DM board. However I've not been able to find the service manual on-line yet, and I have instructions for a different Mitz TV to replace the capacitors. Right now, the TV is unplugged, so no more damage.

Can you please send me the same instructions? I would really appreciate it greatly. My e-mail is [email protected].

Ben

Larry Dillon
LL Certainly, People

LL Certainly, People sometimes forget that I do this with no compesation and that they are due it. it is nice to hear it somtimes! On its way to you . Good Luck with the repair

ryanz3
Larry,

Larry,

I don't know what is going on but I still have not received the fix in my email. I checked my spam folder and it wasn't in there either. Could you please try to email me one more time at [email protected]?

I realize you do this for free and it is greatly appreciated. Have you ever thought about adding a PayPal button for donations?

Thanks,

Ryan

photonorm
Hey Mr. Larry,

Hey Mr. Larry,
I have been following the thread and I understand that you can assist with WD-52525 issues. I hope mine is not uncommon. 2 months into a new bulb, turn on and got blue screen with sound but the blue screen had weird artifacts. Eventually, the set will not turn on after unplugging and pressing the reset button. The error code is 12. Now when I try to turn on, the fan runs for a few minutes, no picture, no sound, then the fan turns off and the lamp light glows red. I checked the lamp and it looks good to me.

You can send any documents to [email protected] and any advice you may have. I don't know what a 12 error code and I bet I can fix it if I know what is wrong.

Thanks for your help and being there for all us TV geeks!

Norm

Larry Dillon
Change several bad capacitors

Change several bad capacitors in the set. The directions are on it's way to you man!

mcmill45
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I changed the highlighted caps from your literature (thank you much by the way!) and now the set turns on and seems to mostly function correctly, however the color is strange on the picture. For instance, we were watching a movie tonight and the leading lady's lips were purple. Any ideas as to what's going on here???

I certainly hope I don't have to open this guy up again, but I would like to have good color/picture quality.

Matt

Larry Dillon
sounds like a bad fmt board,

sounds like a bad fmt board, are you sure you replaced all the bad capacitors on the formatter board?

Pages

Connect With Techlore