Mitsubishi WS55511 Possible Power Surge

1 post / 0 new
Rowland
Mitsubishi WS55511 Possible Power Surge

I came home last week to find a contractor had plugged his extension cord that powered his chop saws and tile cutters into a wall outlet on a circuit shared with my WS55511.  I made him unplug and relocate to a seperate circuit from the garage.

The TV had been covered to protect it from the dirt but we didn't think to unplug the set from the wall.  Apparently a big mistake on our part.  Several days later after the work was finished and the room put back in order, we plugged the set back in and the green power light commenced blinking so I waited for a couple of minutes for it to cycle and go off.  It never went out.

We did a system reset and waited 4 minutes. No cure.

We tried a lock reset by holding in the menu button for eight seconds. No. Cure.

We unplugged the set for four hours, re-powered, waited three minutes and the light kept blinking. Tried another system reset with no luck.

I have read the threads that discuss the capacitor issues in the DM module which I will check when I disassemble the set.

My question is, would the gentleman with the guide for replacing the caps please send me a copy of the cap replacement procedure, and what is your opinion that there may be another section of the chassis (power supply PCB?) that may have taken a hit from the spikes produced by the motors in these power tools?

Also can you recommend an effective surge protector that will protect the set in the future if indeed it was taken out by a voltage spike?

Thanks for your help.

Rowland 

Connect With Techlore