376 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Thank you Chris, they are on

Thank you Chris, they are on their way to you. Good luck

Tibby
Hello Larry.

Hello Larry.

I have a WD-62725 DLP. The other day we had a power-outage for about 15 minutes. I have my TV on a surge protector. But had a Blinking green light which wouldn't stop. I unplugged the TV for 1-2 minutes plugged back in and it worked fine for some odd amount of hours. Then randomly today it the picture went really screwy (bunch of red blocks with multi colored lines throughout) and turned off to the flashing flashing green light again, but this time no matter how many time i try to turn off or on, unplug and replug or use the system reset the green light never stops flashing and i cannot get the TV to turn on normally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dan
[email protected]

Wilsonb
Tibby said:

Tibby said:
Hello Larry.
I have a WD-62725 DLP. The other day we had a power-outage for about 15 minutes. I have my TV on a surge protector. But had a Blinking green light which wouldn't stop. I unplugged the TV for 1-2 minutes plugged back in and it worked fine for some odd amount of hours. Then randomly today it the picture went really screwy (bunch of red blocks with multi colored lines throughout) and turned off to the flashing flashing green light again, but this time no matter how many time i try to turn off or on, unplug and replug or use the system reset the green light never stops flashing and i cannot get the TV to turn on normally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dan
[email protected]

Mine does the exact same thing. Happend after a few years. It intermitantly has the flashing LED while off. Have to unplug for 15min.

I think this is an indicator or something going out. Im sure there are more knowledgable folks that might be able explain it.

Cheers

Larry Dillon
Yes it is an indication that

Yes it is an indication that something is going bad. I will send out the repair docs to you as soon as I get an e-mail address. Good Luck

HAPPY
Larry,

Larry,

A while ago, I had a 62725 that had the green light issue, and a retailer who did not want to honor my warranty. After some discussions, they fixed my set, so I did not need to make the repair. However, I also have a 52825, and it had the same issues. Per your instructions, I found 4 caps on the DM board that needed to be replaced. I replaced all of those. I then turned on the TV, with no inputs connected, and saw a pure blue screen. When I pushed buttons on the remote, the entire On Screen Display (OSD) was perfect, so I assumed everything was fixed.

However, once I started to hook up inputs, the blue screen was replaced not by the picture from the input, but a very scrambled picture that had a black background, and very jumbled/scrambled purple blocks and lines on the screen. The OSD still was perfect to read when a button was pressed.

Therefore, the problem has to be on the input side, going bad before the final output to the light engine.

I looked at all of the electronics again, and I found 4 bad caps on the FMT board, replaced them as well. I rechecked my cables, and could not find any issues.

Have you ever seen this? DO you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Larry Dillon
Did you replace all of the

Did you replace all of the capacitors I have highlighted in the repair information?

HAPPY
Larry,

Larry,

The photos that you sent me did not match up exactly with my TV. They appeared to be from an older Mits TV. Anyway, I replaced all 4 16V 1000uF caps on the DM board, and all 4 on the FMT board.

Thanks,

Larry Dillon
there are more then that on

there are more then that on that set to replace, maybe you received an early document.

HAPPY
Could you resend to yevkazim

Could you resend to [email protected]

Do you think that these caps could cause the OSD to still show fine, but distort any real inputs from a cable box, etc.?

Thanks,

Larry Dillon
Sure could and I will resend

Sure could and I will resend ASAP. Good Luck

JKoehnen
I was told 2 weeks ago that I

I was told 2 weeks ago that I need to replace the FMT board and that it was on back order. Now, they have called and said they no longer make this part and will have to rebuild it. Do you know where I can get this part? Also, can you please email me the repair information for this television ([email protected])?

Thanks!

jackylufl
My 62725 is having the

My 62725 is having the flashing timer light as well can you send me the instructions to fix the circuit boards.

[email protected]

don909
JKoehnen said:

JKoehnen said:

I was told 2 weeks ago that I need to replace the FMT board and that it was on back order. Now, they have called and said they no longer make this part and will have to rebuild it. Do you know where I can get this part? Also, can you please email me the repair information for this television ([email protected])?

Thanks!

JKoehne

I had the FMT board go out as well. (gave me a checker board pattern on the screen). I removed the board and replaced the four capacitors on the on the board(one of which was puffy) and it works great now. I had a guy from work who can solder change them for me so the total cost was only that of the capacitors ($10).

ZipZap
Wow. I finally went looking

Wow. I finally went looking and here's where I landed...

I have a 62725 that is about 4 years old. We have an extended warranty, that we started exercising just after the tv was 3 years old. The tv has been down for about 50% of the year, with the blinking light issue being the issue that kicked it off. We've had the chassis replaced twice and it is now down again. Just won't turn on now. The problem is that every time they come out to look at it, it takes another month to get the part. At one time, the technician told me they had more than 20 parts on backorder. They don't manufacture them anymore, so we keep getting refurbs and they continue to fail.

Mr Dillon, if you would be kind enough to send me the package of knowledge I would appreciate it. Sometime I'll get tired of waiting for them and get into it myself.

[email protected]

TIA

Kevink0000
Hello DLP victims!

Hello DLP victims!

My 62725 just began some kind of failure mode that I have not seen mentioned on any of the boards. Part of the screen is jittery pink noise. the osd comes up but looks like a reverse image, and has long noise tails coming from each image. no inputs work at all, and I can change channels on the on board tuner, and the channel display in the corner is readable but is jttery, and is echoed in the middle ofthe screen in the affected area. Also, i get no soundfrom the tuner, only a no RF type hiss, like there is no antenna or cable connected. There was no warning for this, and all problems came at once. Of course a reset did nothing. Is this a cap problem on one of the boards?

EDIT: This morning, I tried to turn it on, and the lamp comes on briefly with a dim blue screen, which is flickering exactly like the failure mode I observed last night, but the lamp shuts off, and after 2-3 min, so does the set, and I get the red lamp light on constantly. I then cannot turn the tv back on. If I reset, I get the same progression from lamp on to red light. So, this is sounding like everyone else's problem. Can anyone tell me which board could be at fault?

Larry Dillon
Sounds like a cap problem on

Sounds like a cap problem on the power supply, the FMT and the DM board.

jackylufl
Can you send me a copy of the

Can you send me a copy of the instructions to fix the continuous flashing green timer light. [email protected]

TVgalinFL
Hi,

Hi,
We have a WD-62725 that was purchased a few years ago. Yesterday we had a quick power outage. While the green light has stopped flashing (after doing a reset, replugging, etc.), we still can't get a picture. The screen just shows a green and black houndstooth pattern, but it may be the "checkerboard" people are referring to. The screen still looks this way after almost 20 hours. And the sound is pefectly fine.

This has happened before and after some tinkering, the TV was fine. Can you send me any troubleshooting info you can?

Thanks in advance!
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
It sounds like you have a few

It sounds like you have a few capacitors bad on the fMY board. Maybe the directions I have can help you. Good luck!

Rondoid
Hi, I have another request

Hi, I have another request for Expert Larry. Please send the repair instructions!

I have a 2004 WD-62725 with the green flashing light of doom. The unplug-wait-reset doesn't work anymore. It needs stronger medicine - perhaps the hot end of a soldering iron will help.

Thanks,
[email protected]

Dwight
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I have several of the same problems listed on this thread, so if you wouldn't mind sending me any repair info you have on this model, I would very much appreciate it.

Mitsubishi WD62725

[email protected]

Dwight

TVgalinFL
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

It's me again.  I checked in all of my folders in my inbox and can't locate your instructions.  Could you please resend?  I'm looking for help on the WD-62725.  You can email them to [email protected]

Thank you!

Robert Santos
I Have Mitsubishi 65" HD Tv

I Have Mitsubishi 65" HD Tv model WS-65613 .My Tv Has Blinking green light and does not come on.I did look inside the tv I didnt see any swollen caps.But dosent mean they arent bad.I also didnt know where to look.I replace caps on flat panel tvs al the time.So should be that different.Can you send me pics or guide or something to show me what to look for to start to try to repair this tv.

WS-65613 TV Issues Green Blinking light i need help

Please Email me At [email protected]

justin nichols
HI Larry,

HI Larry,

I've aquired this wd-52725 with the warmup blink of death! I've replaced four caps in the power suppy, four caps on the dm board and four caps on fmt board and one cap on the board with the tuners on it but still nothing.

I'm starting to think the dm board is shot but I'd like to get your repair data and see if there's anything I missed and maybe check voltages.

as always, thanks for you're time and I will post my repair if sucessfull.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Could be more caps on the

Could be more caps on the power supply, ERS THEm ALL!

justmeummm
Larry,   I have a Sony KP

Larry,   I have a Sony KP-57SW510, when you turn it on, it tries to start then the stand by light blinks 8 times. Is there a consensus as to what this means on this model?  Is there somewhere that I can download a service manual for this TV? 

Thanks,

Bruce

[email protected] 

Larry Dillon
go to the home pge and click

go to the home pge and click on the FREE banner on the right, it is almost at the bottom of the downlod page. Good Luck

justin nichols
Well for better or worse I've

Well for better or worse I've got this TV running. It would seem that this TV is loaded with nothing but defective caps! I ended up replacing caps on every single board and had to cap almost the entire power supply. WOW what junk!! it seems like the regulators are touchy too. There are these 4 pin SMD regulators all over that get unhappy very easily. The sad thing is this would probibly be a very nice long lasting TV if it wern't for the junk caps. I'll use this $60 ebay special as a bedroom tv until it either blows up again or the lamp burns out.

wakeen
Larry Dillon said: on it's

Larry Dillon said: on it's way dwight. Good Luck!

Larry,

My 2004 Mitsubishi wd-52725 has a checkered pattern on it.  I have replaced the terminal 1 board and still have the pattern.  What could be the problem?  I have read that you have a service manual,  can you e-mail it to me?  [email protected]

Thanks Jack

Chris J
Hi Larry, we have the

Hi Larry, we have the blinking green light of death on our WD-62725. Can you please email me the fix instructions?

Thanks,
Chris

[email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore