Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
evil
It sounds as if the dm board

It sounds as if the dm board Is not Communicating, but you did say the blinking light stopped which may indicate that it is communicating but there is an issue in the power supply. How long does it blink before stopping? The fact that the self diagnostics is not working makes me think dm board as well.

Kato
evil said: It sounds as if

evil said: It sounds as if the dm board Is not Communicating, but you did say the blinking light stopped which may indicate that it is communicating but there is an issue in the power supply. How long does it blink before stopping? The fact that the self diagnostics is not working makes me think dm board as well.

I wanna say 50 or more time? before it stops. Are the caps on the dm board? 

I sense it is having trouble powering up completely. Just a hunch.

If you  tell me to go in the back to pull anything can you send diagrams or something to show me what I am to get off and replace.  the email is [email protected]

Kato
evil said: It sounds as if

evil said: It sounds as if the dm board Is not Communicating, but you did say the blinking light stopped which may indicate that it is communicating but there is an issue in the power supply. How long does it blink before stopping? The fact that the self diagnostics is not working makes me think dm board as well.

I just noticed a different 1+1+3 blink pattern after it cycled through the string of green blinks

does that mean anything to you?

evil
That error would be 23.That

That error would be 23.That error is typically found in CRT tv's. Are you sure you have a dlp? That error is not in the list. Here is a link to that manual it shows tear down procedure and what the boards look like. http://www.encompassparts.com/shop/research_new/MIT/WD52628.pdf

Kato
evil said: That error would

evil said: That error would be 23.That error is typically found in CRT tv's. Are you sure you have a dlp? That error is not in the list. Here is a link to that manual it shows tear down procedure and what the boards look like. http://www.encompassparts.com/shop/research_new/MIT/WD52628.pdf

It's dlp. I don't see a kit listed at the link that you guys suggest for us to buy from.  

Do you have any ideas I can try?

Thanks,

Kato

evil
Did you ever hear back from

Did you ever hear back from them about a kit or possible problems? This may not be a well known problem or just a general failure. You said it tryed to come on and the fans were running so the dm is working and so is the switch mode power supply, probably, its hard to say without actually testing some stuff. If the switch mode power supply is turning stuff on it sounds like the problem may be in the power supply. If I were you I would take it apart and look at all caps on all the boards to see if any are swollen start with the power boards and look at the largest caps. It almost sounds like a ballast problem but that should generate an error code.

johnyluv
I want to thank you in

I want to thank you in advance for the great job you have done, and the knowledge you shared regarding the Mitsubishi WS-65315, I have been searching for a year for over a year for help to fix my tv. I'm ordering the 4 CAPACITOR,RADIAL,1000uF 35V,! 20%,105C,13x21x5mm from jameco.

Will replacing the 4 capacitors fix the Vertical Deflection failure?

When I attempt to power on the tv it shuts off immediately, I ran the self diag test and get 2-4 blinks which indicates Vertical Deflection failure, it almost sound to good to be true, is there anything else I should check or parts I should replace. I paid an online service that told me I should re-solder the power connection on the Red yoke board, said that they daisy chained the power cords from Blu-grn-red yoke board and this provided under/over current? Someone also mentioned that replacing the 2 Pico fuses could correct the problem.

P.S. could anyone recommend a decent $50 mutimeter can't afford a fluke @ the moment or should I wait to invest in one. I run a computer repair service and I want to expand my services to include tv repairs. I would like to get this TV rworking before I fix the 5 LCD tvs, I'll check on the other forums at that time.

I would appreciate any help you could provide, thank you.

John

Kato
evil said: Did you ever hear

evil said: Did you ever hear back from them about a kit or possible problems? This may not be a well known problem or just a general failure. You said it tryed to come on and the fans were running so the dm is working and so is the switch mode power supply, probably, its hard to say without actually testing some stuff. If the switch mode power supply is turning stuff on it sounds like the problem may be in the power supply. If I were you I would take it apart and look at all caps on all the boards to see if any are swollen start with the power boards and look at the largest caps. It almost sounds like a ballast problem but that should generate an error code.

I did hear back but no kit. Which is good. I would have tore the back off again.  I just resolved the "blinking green timer light issue" oahhahahaha. :-0 I am so stoked.

I read many forums for the last 4 months and remembered someone mentioned pressing "MENU 123" on the remote. I didn't have the original remote at the time. Even with a universal remote I didn't think it would respond with just 10 seconds of power so I didn't try it.  Then just the other day I tried the "MENU 1,2,3" right after the power kicked on then the screen and that worked!

So it appears once the lamp is replaced the TV needed a "FACTORY RESET RE-INITIATED" with the remote inputing "MENU 1,2,3" after powering the tv on following the blinking cycle!  Then the TV operated fine.

Recap:

1. Wait for the green timer light to stop blinking.

2. Hit the power button on remote to turn TV on. (You may have to try a couple times)

3. When you hear it click on immediately enter "MENU 1,2,3" on the remote.

4. Your Factory reset menu should appear then initiate reset and you're back in business.

Mitsubishi Blinking green timer light issue resolved,  Mitsubishi blinking green light issue, Mitsubishi green light fix

Holy crap I have read hundred of threads with the green blinking timer light after a lamp change or power failure. Is this procedure not in the user manual????

Kato
johnyluv said: I want to

johnyluv said: I want to thank you in advance for the great job you have done, and the knowledge you shared regarding the Mitsubishi WS-65315, I have been searching for a year for over a year for help to fix my tv. I will order the parts tomorrow, the moron @ radio shack didn't have a clue of what I was looking for "sorry sir I can't locate that part on our system", I'm ordering the 4 pico CAPACITOR,RADIAL,1000uF 35V,! 20%,105C,13x21x5mm from jameco. Will replacing the 4 Pico capacitors fix the Vertical Deflection failure? When I attempt to power on the tv it shuts off immediately, I ran the self diag test and get 2-4 blinks which indicates Vertical Deflection failure, it almost sound to good to be true, is there anything else I should check or parts I should replace. I paid an online service that told me I should re-solder the power connection on the Red yoke board, said that they daisy chained the power cords from Blu-grn-red yoke board and this provided under/over current? I would appreciate any help you could provide, thank you. John

Hey John where are you at with the project did the cap replacement resolve the issue?

Kato

Kato
dschrieber said: I have the

dschrieber said: I have the Mitsubishi ws-65909 tv with the blinking light problem this was caused by a power outage most likely a surge in power. But the TV was off just plugged in to the circuit.

still got the tv?

Kato
wideglide said: Larry, I

wideglide said: Larry, I have a ws 65813 with the same green blinking light. Can you send me the information I need to do the repair myself. I do know how to solder but I am no profesional repair guy. any help would be greatly appreciated.

still got the tv?? I have the answer for the green light. 

evil
Kato if you look in the

Kato if you look in the downloads section you can find the answer to the blinking green light of death that larry has so graciously provided us with, or you can click the link below and find the repair kit for your model that comes with instructions on how to use the kit contents.

johnyluv
Kato said:

Kato said:

johnyluv said: I want to thank you in advance for the great job you have done, and the knowledge you shared regarding the Mitsubishi WS-65315, I have been searching for a year for over a year for help to fix my tv. I will order the parts tomorrow, the moron @ radio shack didn't have a clue of what I was looking for "sorry sir I can't locate that part on our system", I'm ordering the 4 pico CAPACITOR,RADIAL,1000uF 35V,! 20%,105C,13x21x5mm from jameco. Will replacing the 4 Pico capacitors fix the Vertical Deflection failure? When I attempt to power on the tv it shuts off immediately, I ran the self diag test and get 2-4 blinks which indicates Vertical Deflection failure, it almost sound to good to be true, is there anything else I should check or parts I should replace. I paid an online service that told me I should re-solder the power connection on the Red yoke board, said that they daisy chained the power cords from Blu-grn-red yoke board and this provided under/over current? I would appreciate any help you could provide, thank you. John

Hey John where are you at with the project did the cap replacement resolve the issue? Kato

I'm still waiting on the parts, I'm having a hard time locating the ones I need to replace WS-65315 , I have a different board than the one on the tutorial, the doubler module is the only board that plugs in vertically and looks very different, anyway you could hellp point me in the right direction. thank you

Kato
Johnyluv what was your

Johnyluv what was your initial symptoms with the Mtisu Tv? Describe please:

johnyluv
When it started when I turned

When it started when I turned on the tv I would here sound breifly no picture and it would turn off, I tried all the inputs and got the same response, Now as soon as I turn on the tv it shuts down. I paid a guy on fix-it and told me to access the panel behind the speaker grill and move the gently move the wires around "You should see the Red CRT. On the side of the yoke towards the bottom of the Red CRT, you should see a gray or dark plastic housing. You should see wires with a with white plug on the end, that plugs into a board on the side of the Red CRT. That's the Vertical Stablizer board. Take a piece of wood and lightly move the wires over to one side while turning the power button on. Your TV will most likely power up." which I did a for a brief moment the TV stated to power up herd static before it shut down. Now the tv will not power on, the green led lights up then turns off. When I run the diagnostic menu+input it flashes 2x then 4x so 2-4 blinks, not listed in the service manual but from what I have read it's a vertical deflection fault.

johnyluv
I was considering buying the

I was considering buying the repair kit from tvrepairkits.com but I'm hoping with your generous guidance I can repair it for less than $70. I want to thank you again Kato, for trying to help me.

Kato
johnyluv said: I was

johnyluv said: I was considering buying the repair kit from tvrepairkits.com but I'm hoping with your generous guidance I can repair it for less than $70. I want to thank you again Kato, for trying to help me.

Alright we have in common the blinking green light and short power on scenerio that I am hoping will get you the same results I got. One question and sorry if I missed it in your recent post but did you replace your lamp or have a power failure or maybe a power spike?

Just a note, I think many "green blinking timer light" issue amoung so many is a simple fix, no parts to buy.

Ok 1st step, do you have the original remote? OR A universal remote that has all the functioning buttons so as to get into the menu pages? If your answer is yes then go to  step 2.

Step 2. After you hear the tv power up you have a few seconds to enter on the remote "MENU 1,2,3" this should bring up the "Factory Reset" and this is different from the the reset button on the front of the tv. (If this does not pull up "Factory reset" then you should google what the procedure is for your model.) I am guessing it is the same for yours and mine as they are just one generation different. Mine is the "WD" series. Yours is the WS right?

Step 3. If you were able to get to this menu then choose the "initiate reset" to default.

That is it!

Let me know how it went. 

johnyluv
I haven't replaced anything

I haven't replaced anything yet, I followed your instructions it was menu 123 enter to reset, the led stayed on breifly then I herd a woo woo woo woo sound from my speakers before it powered down. No picture what so ever came up. thanks again.I could take some pics of the borads if that might help, or electrical measurements if you could recomend a decent $50 multi meter or $100 tops.

johnyluv
yes I have the WS-65315 older

yes I have the WS-65315 older 2005 model.

Kato
johnyluv said: yes I have the

johnyluv said: yes I have the WS-65315 older 2005 model.

Johnyluv don't stop with just one try. This procedure will need a few tries to get to this menu if you don't stick it the first time. You have within just a few seconds after you hear the tv power on to enter these inputs to get to this "factory reset menu".  Please try again.

I have located similar explainations for this model. Try them too after you give it a few more goes.

Kato (P.S. r u possibly John Lovejoy from Tampa,Fl? just curious bc of your screen name)

I will presume you have the WS model listed here and have the Mitsubishi remote in working condition.
These sets have 3 hidden menus: Adjustment (stay out of that one), Convergence, and the OPTION MENU.
The option menu is the one you would want--it requires that you turn set on--enter a 4 digit number that is model specific.
In the option menu you can do a HARD reset which puts everything except convergence back to factory (that is stored in another area).
The reset puts all settings back to factory--set will come on once done on channel 3 in air band etc.
Let me know model number here is or is not correct and I will give you a link to the service manual with page number to look at---explains how to do the reset. Not a bad idea to save that manual as it contains all kinds of good info on this set.
SD TECH
AND ANOTHER POST REGARDING THE WS MODELS:

Taran_2005 writes:

Unplug the unit for few minutes, say 15 minutes and then turn it ON. You might have to do this procedure a couple of times, to see if that helps. If not then,
Follow the steps below to reset system defaults to factory settings: 

1. Press the MENU button followed by number buttons 1,2,and 3 on the remote control. Result: The Reset System Default menu screen is activated. 

2. Press the ENTER button on the remote control. Result: The settings reset to factory defaults. 

3. Press HOME or MENU on the remote control to return to the HOME or MENU screen.

IMPORTANT: This function is not recommended unless it is mandatoryto reset system defaults to factory settings. This operation CANNOT be undone and all customs settings will be erased.

johnyluv
No, sorry I'm not john

No, sorry I'm not john lovejoy, I got my screen name from a nickname a group of girlfriends used to call me before I made the mistake of getting married, I'll never make that mistake again. lol

I've tried several times approx 15-20x, unplugged it a couple times for 15-30 minutes No Picture or Sound ever comes on, I have about 3 seconds to enter the code after I turn on the tv only the power led lights up on front, when I try to turn the tv without entering anything it only the led only last 1 second. I have coax cable connected to ant a. I really appreciate your help.

Kato
johnyluv said: No, sorry I'm

johnyluv said: No, sorry I'm not john lovejoy, I got my screen name from a nickname a group of girlfriends used to call me before I made the mistake of getting married, I'll never make that mistake again. lol I've tried several times approx 15-20x, unplugged it a couple times for 15-30 minutes No Picture or Sound ever comes on, I have about 3 seconds to enter the code after I turn on the tv only the power led lights up on front, when I try to turn the tv without entering anything it only the led only last 1 second. I have coax cable connected to ant a. I really appreciate your help.

Have you had the chance to go through the list from the other 2 posters in my previous post to ya? They may have outlined the steps better/better clarity. 

Is your timer blinking rapidly? (green)

johnyluv
I've followed both there

I've followed both there instructions and verified it was correct power-menu 123 enter in the user manual. I could not get any sort of picture/menu to appear on the screen or sound. The green light just turns on and off after I try to power it on, when I put in the code it gives me the 3 seconds I need to enter it, then it turns off. When I run the diagnostic test (HOLDING INPUT+MENU) the green light blinks 2x then 4x. I appreciate everyone's assistance.

evil
Johny you have a RPTV - Rear

Johny you have a RPTV - Rear projection tv. Error 23 on these are a joke, it could be almost anything. First and formost check for open Resistors R5A73 - R5A02. If either one of these are open then you need a convergecne repair kit from the link below. These resistors should be close to IC8C01 & IC8C02 which can be seen on page 16 here: http://www.audiolabga.com/pdf/WS55315.pdf . If they are not open then you may have to remove the resistors or the IC chips to insure you are reading just the resistors for continuity. Any and all... meters read continuity, even 10$ meters.

Kato
Kato said:

Kato said:

johnyluv said: No, sorry I'm not john lovejoy, I got my screen name from a nickname a group of girlfriends used to call me before I made the mistake of getting married, I'll never make that mistake again. lol I've tried several times approx 15-20x, unplugged it a couple times for 15-30 minutes No Picture or Sound ever comes on, I have about 3 seconds to enter the code after I turn on the tv only the power led lights up on front, when I try to turn the tv without entering anything it only the led only last 1 second. I have coax cable connected to ant a. I really appreciate your help.

Have you had the chance to go through the list from the other 2 posters in my previous post to ya? They may have outlined the steps better/better clarity.  Is your timer blinking rapidly? (green)

I appreciate you keeping an open mind.  I hung onto my WD-52628 with the blinking green timer light for 4 months. I disassembled my set and looked at the boards for damage and found nothing. I knew there was something simple and this was the solution. 

johnyluv
sorry for a stupid question I

sorry for a stupid question I know what resistors are but how can I tell id they are open, what should I look for?

evil
You have to read them with a

You have to read them with a volt meter set to continuity. Place a probe on each side of the resistor and observe the results. The two numbers I gave above that start with R are the numbers on the board for these resistors.

johnyluv
Thank's Evil I like your name

Thank's Evil I like your name, I'll pick up a midrange $40-60 mutimeter tomorrow, any brand or type you could recommend, I have a comp repair business,I would like to expand to tv repair and I'm sure I'll be using it often. After I fix this old big CRT, I have 5 LCD TV & Monitors I have to repair, back-light or inverter board issue.

I appreciate your help, everyone here has been great.

evil
Electronic component repair

Electronic component repair is a giant leap from simple plug and play with a little programing. Expecially for someone who doesn't know how to read a resistor. My advise would be stay with what you know best. A RPTV has 3 crt's, red,green,blue. I have been tinking with components for years and have just started my degree in electronic engineering and can honestly say I still do not know anything about them. Strange how the more I learn the less I know. What ever the decision is good luck.

evil
Oh and on the lcd tv's the

Oh and on the lcd tv's the usual culprit is in the SMPS board.

Pages

Connect With Techlore