Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
Radarguy101
If anyone is frustrated with

If anyone is frustrated with their "blinking green light" and is considering dumping their Mitsubishi WD62725 on the curb please let me know first. I have been there and crossed that hurdle. I now have a different problem that I need to swap parts to fix. Either email me at [email protected] or call me at 786-220-0044 and maybe we can work something out so it is not a total loss. Thanks for looking, Russell

Radarguy101
Some have suggested a class

Some have suggested a class action law suit and I want to pursue some legal action also. So since I have had success with the FTC in the past I submitted a complaint on our behalf. I included the Techlore URL so that they could see that this problem affects many people. For anyone interested the FTC reference number is 28348053. It will probably take some time before it shows up for the public. So don't put it in the dumpster just yet.

bigguada69
Radarguy101, I am all in,

Radarguy101, I am all in, these assholes at mistubishi need to learn a lesson, the more i see common people such as ourselves with this same problem, the more pissed off i get, count me in, thanks, Eddie

Rigg
Larry, I'm having the same

Larry, I'm having the same issues with my Mitsubishi WS 65813. Can you please send me any information, diagrams, etc. that will help me fix this?

JoDe
Is there anyone who can still

Is there anyone who can still send a diagram for capacitor replacement for the WS-65511? Tv must be 7 yrs old at this point. Had a power loss and the timer light is flashing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

jnesci
I have the Big Daddy 82".

I have the Big Daddy 82". These Caps are undersized either by stupidity, or to over-protect Mitsubishi from replacing limited run, never should have left the trade show absolute marvel. Still the best picture in the house. Smokes a 60"

BUT - You gotta deal with these caps. They must be replaced once, twice a year. Its simple. If you can solder you can do it. PERIOD. It will take you all of 5 minutes to get to the problem, and 12 minutes fixing it, including removal.

dschrieber
I have the Mitsubishi ws

I have the Mitsubishi ws-65909 tv with the blinking light problem this was caused by a power outage most likely a surge in power. But the TV was off just plugged in to the circuit.

johny
I have mitsu. wd-57734 ,I

I have mitsu. wd-57734 ,I replace the capacitors, check baallast ,put a new lamp,still have the timer blinking green ligth ,can you giveme some tips on what to do next. thank for your help.

domin77148
WS-65511I had just changed

WS-65511I had just changed out the convergent and that did not fix the problem. When I replaced it it blew the picos. Anyway the TV is watchable but still has the 3d look. Could it be the Convergence Resistors? If so, where are they?

Ryan W
I share in the frustration!!

I share in the frustration!! WS-65513. I've followed along with this thread for a while and have just replaced all (4) capacitors - still have blinking green light. Have checked all the connections and my solder joints. All appears good. Don't know where to go from here?? VERY frustrated!! Ryan

domin77148
Did you check the pico fuses.

Did you check the pico fuses. That worked for me. I'm no expert.

Lou
Johny,

Johny,

Does the green light blink continuously, or does it extinguish after 3-5 seconds without the TV powering up.

On the WD series, the equivalent capacitors to the WS series have been moved to the Main Power Supply Board. Did you replace those capacitors. The capacitor quality on the WD series appears to have been improved upon as compared to the WS series, however, capacitor failures on the WD series still occur.

The Green Blinking LED just means that there's a couple of boards in the set that can't communicate with each other properly, one of which is the DM board. In the WD sets, the DM board is the larger board in the metal cage.

Speed

RobbyS
I started getting this

I started getting this problem today. Can you send me too. If anybody is watching the post.

headsavers
I replaced the 4-1000

I replaced the 4-1000 microfarad capacitors since they were bulging on top but the blinking green light is still there and woill not power up. Does anyone have suggestions on my blinking problem?

evil
The instructions for the

The instructions for the repair can be found in the SERVICE MANUAL section of this site. You can find a blinking light repair kit at the website below.

bmaster
Hi, i have used this site

Hi, i have used this site before for assistance. Worked out great.

Need a little more help. On my Miotsubishi WS5577, Blinking light.

I had a helper who took off the old (7) capacitors. He didn't check to see what was + or -, When looking at the compaxitors I didn't see a + or -, os I put the what look like - leg in the slot on the board that said -. I didn't change the fuses on the board. I ohmed them and they were still open. (Was I reading through them or back reading throught the board. I put everything back. Power on - light plinked a few minuts then went out- waited 5 minutes to turn no power - no green light. Did test with test button. Still will not come on.

Need help!!!

Thanks

Ron

Kato
Hi all, I have been

Hi all, I have been researching my timer light issue on the net and it led me here. I'd like to say a big thank you to Speed for doing what you're doing. I really hope it comes back around to you bud, in this life time for all you have done here.
I am asking the whole community here if anyone has a printout for changing the caps for a WD-52628(similar are WD62628 and WD73727) If anyone can help me identify the caps that I need to pull I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance. And Thank God for Techlore!

evil
There are documents in the

There are documents in the technicians corner or you can go to the link below and order an entire kit for your model. They come with all parts and step by step diagrams.

Kato
Hi there Moderator,

Hi there Moderator,

evil said: There are documents in the technicians corner or you can go to the link below and order an entire kit for your model. They come with all parts and step by step diagrams.

I was hoping to avoid the $60 kit and buys just the caps at DigiKey. i am having trouble identifying the caps on the boards. That's where I need  the spot confirmation. if you can still offer any help I would be grateful. Thanks in advance and thanks for the reply.

Kato

evil
Some times just replacing the

Some times just replacing the caps doesnt make the tv work and you need further assistance in identifying the problem, the kit also offers this support. I just searched your model number and you have Chassis-V30 that chassis wasn't affected by the cap problem that I am aware of. The article you are replying to was written for chassis V23. V26 was also affected by the cap problem. Try holding the menu and input buttons on the tv for 6 seconds and see if you can get a self diagnosis via a blinking lite, count the blinks and report them back. NOTE= there will be a certain amount of blinks then a slight pause and another set of blinks count these separately.

Kato

evil said: Some times just replacing the caps doesnt make the tv work and you need further assistance in identifying the problem, the kit also offers this support. I just searched your model number and you have Chassis-V30 that chassis wasn't affected by the cap problem that I am aware of. The article you are replying to was written for chassis V23. V26 was also affected by the cap problem. Try holding the menu and input buttons on the tv for 6 seconds and see if you can get a self diagnosis via a blinking lite, count the blinks and report them back. NOTE= there will be a certain amount of blinks then a slight pause and another set of blinks count these separately.

Ok I will try that for the codes. Btw I have "device" on the front. Is that the same as "input"?  

I have it apart at the moment. I will get back to you. Thank you.

RAn
I have the blinking green

I have the blinking green light problem help me please

evil
Click the link below and find

Click the link below and find your model under parts and buy the repair kit. It has everything you need including instructions.

Kato
evil said: Click the link

evil said: Click the link below and find your model under parts and buy the repair kit. It has everything you need including instructions.

Hi Moderator, I checked the link and my model number is not present. WD-52628

You asked me to check for a light code. I got one set of 3 green blinks. I thought I had seen a different set of blinks in the past but this one set of 3 blinks was the only set that came up. I hope this is for something easy. lol

Thanks Moderator.

Kato
Blink, blink, blink and

Blink, blink, blink and nothing more.  Is there a code like this?

evil said: Are you saying it only blinked 3 times?

evil
That is not a diagnostic code

That is not a diagnostic code. Did it pause between blinks? what light was blinking the power status or lamp LED?

Kato
evil said: That is not a

evil said: That is not a diagnostic code. Did it pause between blinks? what light was blinking the power status or lamp LED?

Ok What I notice this time is one blink then three blinks.

This is of course after the timer light blinks green for quite a few blinkings then shuts of then repeats. 

So is there a code for this 1+3 blinks and it is on the timer button.

Thanks

evil
No I do not see that error in

No I do not see that error in the list. Have you tore it apart and seen if maybe you have bad caps on the dm board? Or checked any stand by supply to see what they are?

Kato
evil said: No I do not see

evil said: No I do not see that error in the list. Have you tore it apart and seen if maybe you have bad caps on the dm board? Or checked any stand by supply to see what they are?

I had it apart and I "think" i found the caps (but not positive) and they look flat on top. You said my chaisis v30 did not have the caps issue as far you you know.

You ask of the stand by supply. I get it to power up from time to time for a few seconds. Once it went to blue screen for maybe 30 seconds then powered down. This happened with the power and device button depressed.

On another occassion it sounded like a secondary system powered up but failed to light up the screen then it went back to the timer button blinking green again. Again same power and device button depressed. 

FYI: There is a new lamp in it. Reset button has been pressed. I have just emailed the repair link inquiring if they have a kit for my model number WD-52628.

Kato
How about 2+3 blinks.? Is

How about 2+3 blinks.? Is there a code?
BTW there is not a repair kit for this model number.

I thought to mention that when I plug the set in it clicks then the timer light blink incestantly and you can hear a fan blowing in the back. Then it stops then starts again and the fan kicks on too.

Now something new I have tried is after the green light stops I hit the power button and Volume white screen sound comes on and goes off and the screen lights up blue with the Cable 1-2 indicator in the upper left corner.

Does this all mean anything to you?

Thanks for your time Evil.

Kato

Pages

Connect With Techlore