Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
Edsel
had the same problem in

had the same problem in Mitsubishi WS55907. i can't exactly pin point the exact location of the capacitors. but i do locate the relay that trigger the click sound after turning on. are theys high temp capacitors wrap with a clear plastic? can someone send me instructions?
pls send to [email protected]

gsmith
Hey Larry, u helped me fix my

Hey Larry, u helped me fix my tv once. (IC CHIPS) But now my tv won't power on. code 22. I replaced the pico fuses 4&5 and it still won't power on. still code 22

i have the manual to it but don't know how to read it. 65819 model.

remdmm
The capacitors in our

The capacitors in our Mitsubishi WS-65813 had been replaced under warranty several years ago and just recently the set stopped working again (blinking green light).

I replaced the capacitors myself this time and the TV worked for the first day and then started going out again on the second day... it would work fine for a few minutes to as long as a few hours then just go out.

Now if the reset button is pushed the set will come on maybe 1 in 10 times - stay on for about 3 seconds then go out again.

Could someone please point me in the right direction as to what to check for next.

Thank you,

Robert

rkbetts1
Why is there not a class

Why is there not a class action law suite against Mitsubishi??? My 52" worked for less than 3 years. After all the Customer Support BS, I bought a Samsung. $4200 waisted on Mits. $900 for Samsung that works every time.

wideglide
Larry,

Larry,

I have a ws 65813 with the same green blinking light. Can you send me the information I need to do the repair myself. I do know how to solder but I am no profesional repair guy. any help would be greatly appreciated.

weng
I have a Mits WD-52725 with a

I have a Mits WD-52725 with a blinking red status light. please help me, thanks.

wen

Arion123
same problem can you send me

same problem can you send me repair instructions also please, thanks

Arion123
Same issue can you send the

Same issue can you send the repair instructions, thanks

ChrisData
I just picked up a 65" WS

I just picked up a 65" WS-65908 off craigslist and everything is working great so far.

In the near future I'm sure an IC chip, board, or cap will go out at sometime so could you email me instruction before then so I will be ready when the time comes. I'm thinking of poping for the chips already as they are cheap and some new heatsink paste. Email to [email protected]

Thank in advance!!!!

domin77148
Hello,

Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65511 that will not power up. From what I have read it's the 7 capacitors on the DM power board. I have seen some folks saying it could be the fuses also. I also read that one guy pulled the front cover off and unplugged a connector. Thanks... [email protected]

vettered77
I got the green blinking

I got the green blinking timer light too, no TV. I have the Mitsubishi WD-62525, Where can I find instructions on how too remove the necessary equipment to replace the capacitors.
Im fed up with this TV, so if this doesn't work its going to the scrap yard.
Any info given is really appreciated. I would really like to get it going again.

[email protected]

Alto
Hello all,

Hello all,

New to the site upon finding it on google.

I recently received a WS-65809 from a customer that was moving and didnt have the space for the tv. She offered it to me and I of course took it (only thing missing was the remote control.) Tv was in great working order and has a cable box and PS3 hooked up to it.

Just last night I was listening to a podcast on the PS3 using the speakers in the tv. Well I drifted off to sleep and awoke a couple of hours later to a static sound coming from my tv. (Sound reminded me of how a tv sounds when you put it on channel 3 with no inputs.) I got up and tried to shutoff the tv from the front panel but there was no response. I then tried to lower the volume the same way but no dice. I finally pulled the power cable from the surge protector to shut it off , replugged it, and went back to bed.

I awoke this morning and tried to turn the set on again with the front panel but it wasn't responding. I then unplugged it from one socket and replugged it into a different socket. Still the set would not respond. So I unplugged it from the surge protector and shut the power off on that as well. I replugged the power cable from the tv and turned the surge protector back on.

When I did this I noticed 2 things.

1) A noise came from the tv as if it was receiving power

2) The "Timer" light on the front panel blinked 3 times then shut off.

I got the tv to turn on once for 5-10 seconds but there was no picture nor sound.

I then came online looking for an explanation about the problem and a solution. I came across one that suggested I remove the front speaker grill , inspection plate, and disconnect the 2 sets of wires coming from the front panel keyboard. The idea is to remove the reset button etc. from the circuit, but I would be able to turn the set on with a remote. The only problem is that I do not have the remote and before I go online and order one I would like to make sure that this is the problem I'm having and not a "DM" problem. 

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

mudn1985
I have the wonderful WS-65513

I have the wonderful WS-65513 TV set that of course, had the green blinking light of death about 2 years ago that I fixed thanks to this WONDERFUL tech site. Thanks Larry! Now I have a new problem that developed about 2 months ago. When the TV is first turned on, the screen has horizontal squiggly lines that cascade up and down the screen and make the picture distorted for about a minute or two (sometimes longer). I replaced the IC9A50 chip per a conversation you had with someone else here and it worked for about a week or so and now it is back but not as bad. Any suggestions? Thank you VERY much for all the help you give us Mitsubishi TV owners.

hau
Model WS-65869 with the

Model WS-65869 with the flashing green light. Can you please E-Mail the directions for the fix& service manual,all of the appropriate procedures and diagrams available regarding this problem and a way to diagnose and fix it
Thanks

NoDiamondTVsAgain
We experienced a similar

We experienced a similar problem with the 'blinking green light of death' about 3 years and after researching the web figured out the the costly repair we paid for at that time most likely was the issue with the capacitors. Thus, we decided to try the repair ourselves. We purchased a repair kit from tvrepairkit.com and followed the steps to remove the DM module. Once the DM was out, we discovered the repair had replaced the caps with 16V 1000uF 105c caps. The kit from tvrepairkit.com has what appears to be the same caps. Do you think the 'blinking green light of death' reoccurring is the result of using the 16v vice 35v caps recommended in this thread? I don't want to use the kit I just purchased if I'm going to incur the same problem again in a few years.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.

domin77148
I was not able to power up my

I was not able to power up my WS-65511. I replaced the 2 pico fuses on it now works. The problem now is the color and 3D look. It's not terrible but a bit annoying. Any ideas?

azraFB
I had a problem with my

I had a problem with my Mitsubishi 65813 Blinking light, TV won't turn on.
I got some advises from comments made on Techlore.com After doing so, I was able to repair the TV myself and it is working just fine. I replace the four Capacitors located on the DM Module broad. There are three smaller capacitors avoid those for now and just replace the four larger one's.The job not too hard I think it was easy. Have someone with soldering experience to unsolder and remove the old capacitors and solder the new capacitors back on the DM Module. Capacitors that burn out have a bulging look to it, pressure builds up and causes the capacitors to expand and bulge up the top surface should be flat.
Go to google image's get photo's instruction in how to replace the capacitor's
I used 1000uf, 25v, 105c capacitors. If you can fine 35v with the same width as the old capacitors used those instead. Don't used the 16v you will have the same problem in a couple of years maybe less. Good Luck!

Neal B.
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Hope you can help me.  I have the constant blinking green light problem with no power up on my WD-62725.  So far I have changed the 4 16v capacitors on the PWB-DM board to the 35v and there were 4 capacitors on the PWB-FMT of the same value that I change due to 2 of them looking buldged. Still have the blinking light.  I also tested everywhere I could on the Power PWD with the TV unable to turn on and all seemed fine there. I've had it apart 4 times now checking for loose conections and my solder job, again all looks ok. I have had the blinking green light problem in the past but it always went away within a day. Now it wont. I do see on connector on the right side of the DM board about 1/2 way up with no wire pluged into it but I belive this is for an option my TV doesn't have. Just figured I'd mention it just incase. I've kinda hit a brick wall on what to try next. Any help wold be greatly apreciated. My email is [email protected]  if you need a picture of that connector let me know and I'll send you one.

Thank you

POWERTOWER
This worked very well for me

This worked very well for me.Only problem I have is red OSD but the picture is just as good as it ever was. If anyone in Portage, MI needs help with this let me know. Its a easy proceedure. Total time was 45 minutes.... 13 bucks in caps at radio shack and bam!

bigguada69
Hey everyone, as with

Hey everyone, as with everyone else, I am having the blinky green light issue with my WD62627, Speed has been a great help these past few days and has given me an idea as to where to look, for he states the WD series has an upgraded DM with better caps and has not really been an issue, he shifted my sites to the main power supply board, I am one who will not let a box full of wires, diodes and resistors beat me down, I will keep everyone posted, THANKS SPEED, YOU THE MAN, Eddie

bigguada69
ok everyone, here's the deal

ok everyone, here's the deal with the Mitsu WD-62627 set, I was given info by Speed, which I posted in my previous thread on the DM, he suggested I check the power supply board and lo and behold, there it was, 4 caps, PUFFY, but not bloated blown, it took a while, but upon closer inspection, that is my issue, here are the stats...
Made by Nichicon
1000uf, 200v
rated, ce105c
GQ(M)
there are 4 in total, clustered in groups of 2, I am going to order a new set and when done I will post my findings and hopefully everyone with the WD62627 model will know where to go and what to do, Thanks Speed, without your or TechLore's help, this set would be in the scrap heap,

rkbetts1
What I can not understand, is

What I can not understand, is how Mitsubishi continues to get away with this farce. Where is the lawsuit and attorneys. We all paid way too much for this short life crappy product!

Im24ktrU
hi larry, i have a mitsubishi

hi larry, i have a mitsubishi ws-65517 and i have a constant green blinking light and it never stops blinking, i have replaced the 4 capacitors on the dm board and still no fix, it still flshes constantly. ther are no buldging caps on any of the boards, what shoud i try next please email me with any help asap to [email protected] thank you so much, mike

Im24ktrU
domin77148 said: I was not

domin77148 said: I was not able to power up my WS-65511. I replaced the 2 pico fuses on it now works. The problem now is the color and 3D look. It's not terrible but a bit annoying. Any ideas?

hey where are the pico fuses labled and how do you tell that there bad?

Lou
You have a Convergence issue

You have a Convergence issue with the WS-65511.

Here are some common symptoms of a convergence problem. 

• Screen looks 3D
  • Colors don't line up
  • One or more colors can't be adjusted when using the convergence menu.
  • Screen is bowed or warped.

Here is a quick test....

Using your "Mitsubishi Remote Control", go to the Convergence Menu; generally located at: TV/Menu - Settings - Advanced - Convergence.

Attempt to adjust both the RED and BLUE Convergence.

You should be able to move RED and BLUE in all directions - up, down, left, and right.

If you can't move them in all directions the Convergence Chips are bad and must be replaced.

Note: If your set has as flash focus or magic focus button only try pressing the button. If it fails to correct the Convergence issue, you will need to replace the Convergence Chips. See below for a solution

When replacing the Convergence Chips, also replace the two Pico Fuses, F9A04 and F9A05. Sometimes Convergence Resistors also require replacement.

Replacing the Chips is a straight forward procedure, so do not be reluctant to take on the repair task. 

You can order the IC's and Pico Fuses individually over the internet or you may prefer to order the Convergence repair kit from www.TvRepairKits.com

The repair kit cost several dollars more than simply purchasing the individual components, however, you may find that it's money well spent. The Kit includes a step by step instruction guide, original OEM STK chips, convergence resistors, pico fuses, thermal paste, email/phone support, etc. 

Speed

Neal B.
Hi speed,

Hi speed,

Hope your checking this thread, any chance you can help me? I posted my problem on page 64 of this thread but haven't had any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is my problem,

I have the constant blinking green light problem with no power up on my WD-62725. So far I have changed the 4 16v capacitors on the PWB-DM board to the 35v and there were 4 capacitors on the PWB-FMT of the same value that I change due to 2 of them looking buldged. Still have the blinking light. I also tested everywhere I could on the Power PWD with the TV unable to turn on and all seemed fine there. I've had it apart 4 times now checking for loose conections and my solder job, again all looks ok. I have had the blinking green light problem in the past but it always went away within a day. Now it wont. I do see on connector on the right side of the DM board about 1/2 way up with no wire pluged into it but I belive this is for an option my TV doesn't have. Just figured I'd mention it just incase. I've kinda hit a brick wall on what to try next. Any help wold be greatly apreciated. My email is [email protected] if you need a picture of that connector let me know and I'll send you one.

Lou
Neal B.

Neal B.

Regarding the WD-62725 Blinking Green Light issue:

1. Ensure the grounding straps are making good contact.

2. Verify correct Capacitor polarity.

3. Check the "Pico Fuses" on the "solder side" of the board; they are prone to failure.

4. Inspect the 7 Caps on the Power PCB: In the WD-XXXXX series, the two 3300UF, 10V, 105C Capacitors on the Power PCB are prone to failure, which will also cause the BLOG. The caps may or may not show signs of swelling.

Speed

Neal B.
THANK YOU THANK YOU Speed for

THANK YOU THANK YOU Speed for trying to help me. I'm going to rip it all apart later to today and check it all again. My DM board dosen't seat into another board it is connected to the other boards by connectors and straps. I belive I checked the fuses on that board but I'll check again. If the capacitors are bad on the Power PCB board will I still be able to test and get voltage on the board where the servive manual tells you to BEFORE powerup? If so I think the next thing may be to change those ones on the power board you talked about. I'll let you know how I make out. Thank you again!!!

Neal B.
Hi Speed,

Hi Speed,

Just wanted to give you an update, I couldn't find the capasitors local so I ordered them online today. I'll let you know how I make out when they come in.

Neal B.
Hi Speed,

Hi Speed,

Replaced those two 3300UF, 10V, 105C Capacitors this a.m. and still no luck. Just the blinking green light still. Any other Ideas?

Thanks Neal B.

Pages

Connect With Techlore