Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
of.many.one
Larry Dillon said: Where do

Larry Dillon said: Where do you want them sent to and what model number of TV set? I ccannot send something without an e-mail address.

Larry, you're a saint for helping people like us fix our televisions without taking out a second mortgage.  I have the perpetual blinking green light on my WS-65813.  Will you please send me the material that you have on the repair of this model?  My address is [email protected].  Thank you very much.

greenman
Larry,

Larry,

Ccould you please send me the manuals and document also.

My WS-65813 went out a few days ago and I have confirmed I can't get it to reset.  Thanks a  million!

bgriggs at gmail dot com

Larry Dillon
I am sending all of you a

I am sending all of you a copy of the service manual as well as the repair fix for your large screen TV set. Good Luck

minimax555
 Larry, are you considering

Larry, are you considering to run for President???? I gonna have lots of votes, including me.:) Please, I got the same needs. My model is WS-65513. Thanks. Sasha.

minimax555
 Larry, I forgot my e-mail :

Larry, I forgot my e-mail : [email protected] . Thanks.

Larry Dillon
Sasha, yes you did forget

Sasha, yes you did forget your email, I was just about getting ready to tell you I cannot send it, as i do not know where you are. I will send out the repair documents as well as the factory service manual to yuo in a short time. Good Luck with this repair.

siidman
Larry,  thank you for sending

Larry,  thank you for sending me all the imformation I needed to repair my MD-55513 TV.  I replaced the four caps and now my TV works as before.  It cost me a total of $10.50 for the parts though it took a little patience,  but I was able to finish in 5 1/2 hours.  This includes picking up the parts.  Thanks again Larry you saved me a few hundred bucks and made me belive in the little man. 

Merry Christmas,   siidman

Larry Dillon
slidman, this repair is not

slidman, this repair is not all that hard and yes you did save several hundred bucks. Most repair peeps take advantage and charge folks about 500 to 800 bucks. Glad to hear you done the repair as per the instructions.

greenman
Larry, 

Larry, 

I never did receive the instructions - but I completed the repair since I knew the cap values.  I grabbed a copy of the repair manual online at servicemanuals.com for $7.99 (very useful) and just went about the work. A couple of thoughts for others:

1) I have a WS-65813 and the screws that hold the caster wheels on my base block the component tray in the bottom of my TV from sliding out.  It took prying and pulling over the screw to get the tray out

2) Which is when I pulled that connector partially out which made me think my repair had failed.  The clicking sound gave the problem away, but

3) since I had reassembled most of the TV before testing I had to do a bit more work to finish up.

Is there any reason you can't just put your materials on this webpage for immediate download?  I noticed you seem to have a recurring problem emailing the materials and having them bounce.  Allowing people to download would fix that. 

Larry Dillon
99% of the time when they

99% of the time when they bounce back, it is a wrong or misspelled e-mail address. It is too bad that you did not receive the documents. I am checking into having them available here. Although I do not think they would allow service manuals to be downloaded as they are copyrighted. So you see I would still have to mail these out to people who requested the documents.

greenman
In any case, awesome thread. 

In any case, awesome thread.  It pointed me in the direction I needed to go so I didn't have to hurl my 300 lb. TV down the stairs.   This situation reflects badly on Mits - I won't buy another since the seem to have a problem addressing their design deficiency. 

Again, thanks to everyone for their comments.  They helped immensely and saved me time and money!

UltimateTanSJ
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

This post has been very informative, but could you please e-mail me your docs.

Thanks,  Joseph          [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Joseph, I will send out the

Joseph, I will send out the repair documents and the factory service manual. Good luck with the repair.

UltimateTanSJ
OMG Larry.  That is so much

OMG Larry.  That is so much more than I expected and prompt, too.

Have a HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!

Joseph

Larry Dillon
A

A

You are wecome!  Good Luck Joseph.

dabull
Capt Steve-O said: Hi Larry,

Capt Steve-O said: Hi Larry,  I too suffer from the dreaed flashing green light.  I have a WS-65813.  Could you send the repair info to [email protected]? Also, I've seen a couple of possible causes on this (power surge, overheat, age)... is there a definite cause or can this just happen randomly.  I just moved the TV to another part of the house and this happened shortly after.  I would like to take any needed precautions to avoid it in the future. Appreciate your help... with such a widespread problem, I would think Mitsu would come up with a better and cheaper fix.  The repairmen must love the business though! Thanks!

Can you please send me the instructions as well - I have a WS-65813 and the green light continues to blink for hours and the tv never comes on. [email protected]

Thank you very much,

Jody

Larry Dillon
On their way Jody, Good Luck

On their way Jody, Good Luck with the repair.

selldismh
Larry - you are a godsend. 

Larry - you are a godsend.  My WS-55513 started with the blinking green light problem last week, ironically, after me telling the whole family how we haven't had any problems with the TV.  I have confirmed that the reset won't work.

Can you please send the service manual/pics so that I can get this thing replaced?  My email address is [email protected]

Thanks again!!  I nominate Larry for Techie Saint-hood!!

Mike

Mick64
Larry,  I have a WS-55613

Larry,  I have a WS-55613 with the blinking light problem.  Could you please send me the repair  instructions also.

Thanks,

Paul

[email protected] 

Joelopez
Larry,

Larry,

Can you please send me the service manual and the repair instruction for the DM module?  My e-mail address is [email protected].

Thanks,

Joseph

thedad
I replaced the four demon

I replaced the four demon caps.

The "blinking" now stops but, when I try to powerup I hear a click - then a few seconds later another "click" -  that is the set powering back off!

HELP!

thedad

Ken Beattie
Larry,

Larry,

I replaced the 4 caps several months ago and again had the issue. At the time I knew not of the 105C requirement on the caps. I again replaced the 4 caps, but now the unit flashes for 70 secs, but will not turn on. I am going to check the fuses and such, could I please request the documentation to assist...

Thanks for your support... Ken

[email protected]

rbiehl
Larry,

Larry,

I also have a WS-65813 with the dreaded green flash.  Can you e-mail me the documentation along with the service manual?  Thanks!!

mailto:[email protected]

Richard

poptart22
I also need the instructions

I also need the instructions to repair the green blinking light. I have the WS-65813. May I have you eMail the instructions to me at [email protected]?

Thanks

Chrisbrab
Larry

Larry

does your fix work on th ws-65411 as well. The light flashes 3 times then nothing. [email protected]

chris

Larry Dillon
T, the instructions are on

T, the instructions are on there way to you and Chris, the instructions for your model are a little different. I will have to e-mail you on a seperate mailing. I will though send you the documents along with a copy of the factory service manual. Good Luck

Joelopez
Please don't forget to send

Please don't forget to send me the instructions too.  My mitsubishi model is 55513 and my e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks,

JoeLopez

Larry Dillon
joe, I just added you to the

joe, I just added you to the list of the very next mailing man. Good Luck with the repair.

T4TMI
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have the same blinking problem with my WS65. Can you send me the diagram and some instructions. Greatly appreciate your help!! my email: [email protected]. Thanks again Larry.

tjstoddard
Larry Dillon said: That's

Larry Dillon said: That's great man! I am going to be passing this on to all those who this repair did not help. Good Job! Thanks for letting us know.

Larry,

I also have the blinking green light problem with my MITS 65813, please send me the fix for this and the service manual.

Thanks much!

Tom

Pages

Connect With Techlore