Panasonic CT30wx54j remote wont work

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dejibo
Panasonic CT30wx54j remote wont work

I have recently recieved a Panasonic 30inch very nice TV. it came with the remote. The remote will work my cable and DVD, but not the TV. The gentleman said it hadnt worked for his TV in a long time, and he didnt know why. I did the normal, I tried to reprogram it to the Panasonic TV. it is supposed to be a preset that will only accept a Panasonic TV anyway, but I redid the steps as to pretend someone accidentally messed with it. No luck. Hmm, I tried several remote control units known as universal, even the remote that comes with my cable companies cable box. I had NO luck. It appears as though no remote will control this TV. I spoke to the cable company who looked up the proper code for that TV and it did not cause the unit to function. Since I know it will operate other devices, the remote itself should not be the problem. The eye or infa red dot on the front is NOT obstructed and I cannot figure out how to get it going. I cannot change the "aspect" of the TV without the remote, and its stuck on 1:1 and its a small picture in a big window.

I was wondering if anyone had a clue about what the next step is. is there a place I can look up step by step stuff on what to do next? any reply would be appreciated.

aaazdaddy
I have the EXACT same problem

I have the EXACT same problem! Been searching the internet to see if someone has it figured out. Can't find my owner's manual, so I can't even try resetting/reprogramming the remote (panasonic download site is down, plus when I run a search of my/our model it comes up with nothing...). If you can pass that info along I'd appreciate it.

PLEASE let me know if you come up with something...

Bob 

Computer Jock
aaazdaddy said: I have the

aaazdaddy said: I have the EXACT same problem! Been searching the internet to see if someone has it figured out. Can't find my owner's manual, so I can't even try resetting/reprogramming the remote (panasonic download site is down, plus when I run a search of my/our model it comes up with nothing...). If you can pass that info along I'd appreciate it. PLEASE let me know if you come up with something... Bob 

I have the same problem as well, exactly. Tried programming 3 different remotes - no luck. Tried the cable company remote - nope. I want to change the aspect ratio too, but it looks like the only way is with the remote - bummer! I'll keep searching. . .

maillady
I have the same problem and

I have the same problem and have since I bought the darn tv. Still working great when you have a reciever but have to manually turn on every time. Does anyone have a solution?

aaazdaddy
One guy told me that the

One guy told me that the board that operates the remote is right underneath the front of the screen, and that what likely happened is someone sqirted some Windex to clean the screen and the fluid dripped down and shorted out the board. Sounds pretty likely...

Maya
I have the Panasonic CT

I have the Panasonic CT-30WX54J TV as well, and this EXACT SAME issue just started happening with my remote. The remote works for my receiver and DVD player, but not the TV! My other

aaazdaddy
I've yet to come up with a

I've yet to come up with a solution, however I had another problem that I found out how to fix online. My TV was totally dead; pushing "on" button did nothing. If you pull the back off and follow the power cord to where it connects to the inner chassis, you'll find a glass fuse. That fuse MUST be replaced with the exact type/amperage. I tried a automotive fuse that I had with similar amperage/size and no go. Went to a TV repair shop, paid the guy a buck for an exact match and bingo, TV works perfectly.

wdhebert
I have same tv but the hdmi

I have same tv but the hdmi port broke. i am looking for a tv of same model for parts. email me if you have one for sale.

Connect With Techlore