Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Greg B.
Larry, I seem to be in the

Larry, I seem to be in the same boat as the rest of these fine folks. I am great with a soldering iron so if you would be so kind to send me info and any tech/repair manual info I would be in your debt. [email protected]

Thanks in advance Larry.

Greg B.

joe v
I called in a local TV Repair

I called in a local TV Repair tech to repair my "2004 Mitsi WS65513 Blinking Green Light" Problem and he confirmed the need to replace the capacitors, but decided to get the "right height size" rather than installing and turning the tall ones on their sides.

Then, "Damn", he said, and showed me that he had cracked the PC Board vertically, and showed me that he needed to take it (the PC Board) to his shop where with the help of is magnifier, he will be able to put "jumpers" on all the printed circuits that were affected rather than replace the PC board.

His original estimate  $195 for the repair will continue to be the final cost.

I'd like to trust him.  Would appreciate any guidance and second opinions available.

Joe

Myron Smith
Larry,

Larry,
I have a 65-909 with the blinking green light problem. Could you send me a copy of the manual and anything else that will help me repair this. The power went off for over an hour and then the blinking light.
Thanks,
Myron Smith
[email protected]

southpawaz
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I like" all the others have the blinking green light. I would appreciate if you can send me the repair manual or the steps to repair this unit. I can solder and have good common sense.I have a 65-513 mitsubishi.
thank you for helping not only me but all these other people trying to retify this problem.
Thanks Again Wayne
[email protected]

Bob Nailer
Larry could you please send

Larry could you please send this diagram to me? I have the same problem with my tv.
[email protected]

Bob Nailer
Please send the instructions

Please send the instructions to me also Larry. [email protected]

trcutts
Larry, could you please send

Larry, could you please send me the instructions. I have a 65813 blinking light problem that I would really like to fix. Thanks. Tom ([email protected])

woodstock69
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I also have the blinking green light. Could you please send me the repair manual or the steps to repair this unit. I have a WS 55513 mitsubishi.
Thank you soo much- [email protected] - the L and # 1 look so much alike sooo
(Local #1 cj @ msn.com)

gmcnotchevy
Larry please send me all the

Larry please send me all the info i have a 65833 , unless someone else reads this with the same info i would appreciate the help, thanks!!

gmcnotchevy
hey i have the wd65833

hey i have the wd65833 mitsubishi, please help me fix my moms tv! thanks soo much, my email is [email protected] thanks again

chanconrad28
Same blinking light problem

Same blinking light problem with WS-65513. Is this still fixable with available parts and can you send the instructions? Thanks.

[email protected]

Arkart
Larry I to am a dealing with

Larry I to am a dealing with the same problems as everyone else on here. please send me that information regarding the dm board and its repair. You seem to be the only one that really has alot of possitive feed back on your troubleshooting of the dreeded green light of death. Thanks again and remember guys like you are the heros. The one that helps all of us with this problem. thank you. email address is [email protected]

bgresham
I would also appreciate the

I would also appreciate the info on fixing the caps.  [email protected]

JAYMAN
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have mitsubishi ws-65315 with same problem. Green light stays on.
I am great at soldering and would like your cap replacement instrctions.
Please send it to [email protected]

I appreciate your help.

THANKS.

pete2631
Larry may I have the info as

Larry may I have the info as well--email is [email protected]

Cokelady15
For everybody wanting the

For everybody wanting the "flashing green light" fix, you can find the directions complete with pictures at the following webpage.

http://www.jyerdon.com/tv/step1.html

Blessings,
Joyce

jim kro
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Larry, I have the same problem with my Mitsu 65909. The timer light started flashing after a power outage and the reset button was no help as was checking errors with the  Device Menu buttons. I would sure appreciate your instruction on changing these capacitors. Thanks Jim       [email protected]

Steve Cassel
Hey Larry!

Hey Larry!
Same Blinking green light.....Man I turn it on...stays on for 4 seconds...Off! Please E- mail me directions... I ( My kids) would greatly appreciate it!!
Thank You!

Steve

Trixter
Larr, I read your post back

Larr, I read your post back from 2007 that you can e-mail instructions on how to replace the components in a mitsubishi tv. My tv has a constant blinking timer light & nothing works on it. I'm willing to give this a try. Please e-mail me the instructions.

Thank you!

Andy Vittoria
Larry, I have a mitsubishi

Larry, I have a mitsubishi 52525 that has developed the same problem as everyone else here.
I just replaced the lamp three months ago and I have replaced this tv with another one. As soon as a buyer came to see the tv it had the blinking green light. Can you send the repair instructions to me please? [email protected] Thanks, Andy

joe v
Had the same blinking green

Had the same blinking green light problem with my Mitsu WS65513 and after reading your fix, (thanks for that), I decided to call a professional to do the work. He proceeded to crack my DM Board, took it to his shop where he had the "magnification" needed to do the repair, sending the board to "the factory" and having it returned without action.

He's now looking for another board, doesn't hold out much hope, and suggests he may have to write me a check for a few hundred bucks on my "6 year old TV" as a solution. It's been nearly two months without my 65" since I first called him. I'm very upset and asking what would you do in this situation?
Joe

Eaves
Would you mind sending the

Would you mind sending the repair instructions to [email protected] for the wd52525. green blinking light. Had it repaired once by electrasound and I observed so i think i can do it.
Thanks so much.
J.Henkels

mwats
larry, i have that blinking

larry, i have that blinking green timer light on a wd-62628. i see some talk about a fix. mine turns on ok then about 2min blank's screen and blink's timer light then shut's off. what is that? how do i fix. please send anything that help's. thank you very much for your time and help.

RobL64
Where is the dm board and

Where is the dm board and what caps are needed?

pat sh.
Larry, need help iwth the

Larry, need help iwth the blinking light issue on a Mits WS 55111. can you send repair instructions and part numbers? my email [email protected]

pdc76
Had the same blinking light

Had the same blinking light problem. Replaced capacitors. Worked great for about a week. Now getting code 23. Any help greatly appreciated.

Grandma
Larry, The blinking green

Larry, The blinking green light is on my tv too. Please send me the instructions. Thank you. [email protected]

alanacts238
Larry,

Larry,

I also have the blinking green light on Mitsubishi model WS55511, I have posted several times about this problem but have not received any comment. I would sure appreciate if you could send be info.

Thanks

dick  e-mail  [email protected]

-r

Seth
Larry, I have a WS-65513 and

Larry, I have a WS-65513 and I also am having the same problem. I have an electrician friend come over today and he replaced the capaciters and it is still doing the same thing. Any suggestions and could you please send me the instructions as well?

DNice Guy
Hey Larry...I hope this

Hey Larry...I hope this discussion is still open. I have a WD52525 that I've had for a long time and that blinking light problem just occurred. Please send those instructions for the fix to [email protected]

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore